“gf = gluten free, great food and great friendliness”

Aurora Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Aurora Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 78 Restaurants in Sausalito
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Second
Transit: Bus stop down the street.
Description: We are a family owned restaraunt with home made pastas and wild seafood. We are open 7 days a week from 12 to 10 7 days a week.
Trabuco Canyon, CA
“gf = gluten free, great food and great friendliness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

San Francisco weekend for my son's and my birthday, in November 2013. The bike ride over the Golden Gate Bridge was something I have been wanting to do since my 25th anniversary, 6 yrs ago. So on my birthday, my husband, my son and I did just that. Something I recommend for everyone. A BIG PLUS of our ride was finding a restaurant with a gf menu, not so easy to do. A BIGGER PLUS, an italian restaurant with GF pasta and pizza. For those of us who must eat GF (due to Celiac disease) know that pizza and pasta are not the usual fare for us when eating out. Aurora's pizza was worth risking it all on the ride over the bridge! I wish I could remember our waiter's name, a young man -tall and dark hair, he was the icing on the pie (i.e. gf pizza pie). He made us feel so welcome, just as if we were sitting on our patio back home. Gosh, I wish I could remember his name! He moved to San Francisco from Connecticut to get married, but tragically it did not happen. However, he loved Sausalito and his new to-be family so he stayed. Take a bike ride over to Sausalito, and then treat yourself to Aurora's gf pizza and a glass of Chianti. Aurora sits on the corner as you ride down into the main town area, but before you hit town, on your left, in the residential area. Since it's not right in the main hub, so you can enjoy a relaxing quiet rest, with good food and company. Please stop by Aurora's, say hello to "our" friendly waiter for us and enjoy the gluten free options - Oh, and ask our waiter to help you choose a wine. He allowed me to taste two and when I didn't care for either he brought me a third - a Chianti that I thoroughly enjoyed with my delicious gf pizza! My husband and son also loved their salad with prawns and a glass of beer!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Up2me2pickit

Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Italian food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stopped at this restaurant because it was the first we saw and we were starving. We were really impressed by the quality of the Italian cuisine and the service. This is one of the best Italian Restaurants in the city. Delicious food and super friendly staff. We had such a wonderful time there.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Coco2015
Germany
“Great Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Great restaurant, busy and lively. We came here on my daughter's birthday and really missed the personal touch. The food was great and the menu offered wide choice corresponding to the prices raised.

• Visited August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Superb italiajn cuisine, nice friendly atmosphere, reasonable prices.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Ate here with my parejnts and was very impressed by the quality of the Italian cuisine. Also, the value was very good, for a sometimes pricey Sausalito. I loved the neighbourhood feel to the restaurant (It's nice that it is off the "main drag" of the Sausalito waterfront - we came across the restaurant purely by accident!) The owner (manager?) was extremely welcoming and enthusiastic, showing great hospitality and pride in his restaurant and its fare. A lovely meal, and plesant evening.

• Visited July 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We ate here after biking the bridge, as we were starving, it was raining and it was the first place we could see. S glad we stopped by though, as we both had a really nice meal. I had chicken Alfredo and my partner had lasagne, and both were delicious. Reasonably priced & prompt service. Well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2013