Hotel Sausalito
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$380
$359
  • Restaurant
Cavallo Point(Sausalito)
$489
The Lodge at Tiburon(Tiburon)(Great Value!)
$259
$119
$107
$119
Hotels.com
The Inn Above Tide(Sausalito)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscafe next doorpastrygreat locationferry terminalsan franciscocafe tuttitown squaresmall tvfresh applesrooms are smalleuropean feelcomputer monitorwithin walking distancebreakfast placevina del marpark areacharming hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Sausalito for a quick getaway for his birthday, and it was the perfect, romantic choice
for us! We had a "park view" queen room that faced the park
across the street, and although I was a bit concerned about noise due to being in the middle of Sausalito, it was very quiet at
night. In this room we also had the choice of open windows
or a/c with remote control. The room was very clean and we really liked the comfy-ness of it and overall decor of an "old world" feel. The shower was a very nice size with elegant tile and it had good water pressure as well.

The hotel does not offer a breakfast, but they do offer vouchers for a pastry and coffee at the bakery/bistro next door which is a nice touch. Complimentary bottled water and apples are also available on a credenza table in the hall of the hotel.

It is also very convenient to everything in Sausalito including the ferry stop which is just a few steps away.

Finally, we want to also compliment the owner who was
very personable and helpful in our quest to check in for our
flight! (Thank you!) It's obvious he is concerned about the
comfort of his guests and his hospitality is much appreciated!

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Sausalito and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sheraa
Reviewed October 8, 2006

The Hotel Sausalito is a perfect little hotel in a perfect little city square by the perfect bay run by a perfectly friendly & attentive staff and owner. We had a wonderful view of the picturesque fountain square in Sausalito and enjoyed the absolute convenience of our location...walk half a block to shops or even less to catch the ferry to San Francisco...complimentary coffee and a croissant await you at the restaurant next store in the morning...oh, and our beautiful room was perfect!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank 4tun8tncouple
Reviewed September 22, 2006

This boutique hotel in the perfect Sausalito location has classy, modern amenities and a wonderful old-world aesthetic. We were in town for a wedding being held at Casa Madrona - the members of the wedding party were envious that we were staying at Hotel Sausalito. The rooms, down to the high thread-count sheets and elegant bathroom tile, are extremely clean and charming. Bottled water and apples are tastefully arranged on a hall credenza for guests - a nice (and functional) touch. The owner and all employees work hard to please; their helpful, polite demeanor is unfortunately rare in the service industry these days and was greatly appreciated!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank theatrelabsurde
Reviewed August 24, 2006

I don't know if I can express just how much we loved this hotel! We only stayed one night because we were traveling to many different places. But the second I opened the door to our room, I wanted to stay more. It really is the perfect little hotel for a romantic long weekend. I believe there are only 16 rooms in this hotel. The bedding is beautiful and the view is too. You look out the window to a cute little park area with a large fountain that when you open the windows you can hear and it's so soothing and relaxing. They have fresh apples and bottled water right outside your room. The front desk was so polite, and quite funny I might add. My husband and I loved it here and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LivinTheLife3
Reviewed August 16, 2006

My girlfriend and I planned a trip to San Francisco and had originally planned to stay somewhere in the city. Somehow I found the Hotel Sausalito website and fell in love with the pictures. I knew it was *exactly* what my gf would like.

We ended up staying in the room that appears in one of the pictures. It was great! The room was quite small but we did not feel at all cramped. There was a nice large bay window with a great view of a small park and large fountain. Next to the window were chairs and a small table to sit at. Lying on the bed we gazed at pine trees against the clear blues skies.

This is the first hotel I've ever been in where I actually wanted to spend more time relaxing in the room! It was very relaxing, peaceful and comfortable. Do take the opportunity to view the pictures on their website, they will give you an accurate impression of what's in store for you.

Linens were top quality and the entire room was very clean. Bathroom was also very clean and nice. The room had a large, very quiet air conditioning unit above the door to the bathroom that was controlled via remote control. Windows opened as well and the room smelled great, no must at all. Very, very quiet. The hotel was fully booked when we stayed, but we didn't hear a thing from other guests while in our room. If I recal, we stayed a total of 4 nights.

Staff was also very attentive and helpful. Ripe red apples and bottled water were kept stocked just outside the room and made for a nice treat before heading out each day to explore both Sausalito and San Fran.

Lots of boutique shopping and a good selection of restaurants all within walking distance. It was also easy to get into town, just a quick drive across the bridge. Free patries at the cafe next door included in the room rate.

I've stayed in a number of nice hotels in the city of San Francisco, but Hotel Sausalito will be my first choice from now on.

One last thing, we decided to make the drive back to San Diego overnight and ended up checking out a day early at 9pm. The staff was gracious and didn't even charge us for that night! I will definitely be back to this hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled as a couple