“family owned Indian+ restaurant”
Review of Avatar's

Avatar's
Ranked #20 of 85 Restaurants in Sausalito
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2017

Many good Vegan/Vegetarian choices of delicious food. Family owned cheerful service. An institution for >20 years.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed August 10, 2017

The owner, Ashok, delights in offering to make his customers a meal that not on the menu and that is an exciting, creative, delicious and a delightful mystery (as in... "can you guess what this is made from?"). The food is AMAZING and full of flavor. It can be customized to meet any special dietary needs (paleo, vegan, gluten-free, etc.).

Because I live in Massachusetts, I need to travel 3,000 miles to eat here and so I only get to visit once or twice per year. I like eating here so much that I try to plan my business trips so that it will be possible.

A dear friend from Davis, CA comes down to meet me so that we can be surprised and delighted together. Each time we have visited, Ashok created two different meals that we shared, and he did his best to make sure he did not make the same meals for us as in our previous visits.

Ashok -- you are an amazing host, and I thank you for the wonderful food and for the warm and entertaining way you meet your customers!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

That's what our experience was. Managed by an Indian Family, this place is unique in its own way.
Manager will
Ask your preferences and will present you dish which is like "made SPECIALLY for you". Now is the qui time, the owner will ask you the main ingredient- which I bet you can never guess.
The staff is so friendly and makes each dish with all their love and affection.
Go once and you will go again n again n again n again....

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

Awesome, Awesome, awesome, I can say Hemang times over.
Ashok, the owner leads the services brigade from front. He personally takes care of the order, to top it share your wish and he gets that made for you. Great place, perfect value for money food is indian and fusion food with indian flavor..made right their freshly...place gets very crowed pls book table it helps.

Pls take walk around the resturant as back of it is water front where boats are parked...view is breathtaking and walk is energizing.
All in all if in San Francisco and have time for good meal pls do visit...I will be back here soon.

Regards,

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 22, 2017 via mobile

We visit Sausalito yearly and always dine here. The owner chats about our preferences and dislikes, then goes away and we are pleasantly surprised by what he selects for us. It always works and is always good.

Date of visit: September 2016