“Definitely a Local Hangout”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of No Name Bar

No Name Bar
Ranked #1 of 2 Nightlife in Sausalito
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Definitely a Local Hangout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stumbled upon the place when we noticed a Confederations Cup game on their television above the bar. I was tired so we thought we'd get a quick drink while watching the last ten minutes of the match. It wasn't busy that time of day (about 2:00 or so on a Sunday afternoon) so we got seats at the bar instantly and struck up a conversation with the bartender. I wish I could remember her name. She was fantastic to talk to and both of us decided we looked like we could be sisters or cousins. Reading another review I wish I'd known about the back patio. I'd have explored back there to see it for myself. Everyone seemed friendly enough and it definitely had the feel of a local hangout, but they were definitely accommodating of tourists. If we'd had more time we probably would have stayed longer. If I'm ever back in Sausalito I will definitely return and continue my conversation with the friendly redheaded bartender. Wine prices very reasonable.

Visited June 2013

“Great local hangout -- very laid back and friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Oh the back patio of this hidden treasure!!! You feel like you stepped into some forgotten paradise! Over in the corner friends are playing a lively game of chess and include you in their conversation immediately....laughter is constant, drinks are absolutely wonderful and very affordable!! Love the Bartender too....altogether, we were sad to leave and can't wait to get back again!

Visited March 2013
Leeds
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A friendly bar with character, great food, beer and service, don't miss it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Dropped by in the afternoon after biking the bridge and stayed for a few pints of Anchor Steam and a California club (a combination I'd highly recommend!) Locals were welcoming and friendly... just make sure you sit in the right place on the terrace if you'd like them to take your photo ;)

1 Thank ralphmalphshafran
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not what you think...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Very small quiet bar with no views...the jazz music was good.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank tech78
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't bother going unless you're American”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

My wife and I visited this place as we were only staying in a hotel about 5 minutes walk from this place. Looked good when we went in and had a couple of drinks and all seemed fine. I then went there on my own the night after and tried to engage in some conversation with the barman and waitress but I may as well have talked to the wall as I wasomly getting one word answers, everyone else was getting long conversations. I wasn't expecting to get drunk and chat with the barman all evening but little chat would have made me feel a bit more welcome. I then went back the next night and just walked past and then went back to the hotel as the place was packed and there was no way I would have felt comfortable. I normally feel comfortable drinking in places on my own if there is people to talk to but not this place. I am English by the way

Visited November 2011