“Good choice”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Princess
Transit: Golden Gate Transit Bus 50, 20;Golden Gate Ferry, Red and White Fleet Ferry, Blue and Gold Ferry
Reviewed July 22, 2014

First trip ti the Bay area. Spent Saturday in Sonoma and had Scoma's recommended to me by a women I was talking to in the Selby wine tasting room in Healdsburg. She recommended it for Cioppino saying it was one of the two best in the Bay Area. Surprised to get a reservation when we called but we did and we stopped on our way back to San Fran.n. Sausalito is a very cool place...and a very cold place! Mid- June and we were freezing. 99 in Sonoma that day. 57 in Sausalito with a strong wind! Parking was hard to find - but it is a neat place right on the water. Seated quickly althought the dining area and bar were both very crowded. Great service - truly great service. Very good food. Pricey - but that is to be expected. Cioppino was very good but not great. Two of us had iot and the smae two had it the next week at Casa di Amore in Las Vegas. The Vegas version was better - which surprised me. Glad we stopped.though. it is worth a visit.

1  Thank Brbrtonbrnfoodie

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stopped by for an early dinner on a weeknight. Our attire was very casual and this restaurant is more fancy. However they didn't mind at all. Seated us right away. I ordered the Wild King Salmon Balsamico. It's salmon encrusted with chopped pistachio's. I was very excited, but a little disappointed, as I thought the pistachio's would be more crisp or crunchy on top of the salmon and it wasn't. Pretty good, but not what I was hoping for. All the sides it was served with were fantastic though. Husband had the Lazy Cioppino. We have a little restaurant near us that has some of the most amazing cioppino and I even tried my hand at it this past lent season. Both were better. My husband thought it was okay at best. However the gem of the evening was our 15 & 19 year old dinner. They both had the Linguine con Vongole. Clams with pasta. I don't like clams, but I did have a taste of their linguine. Wow - perfectly cooked and very flavorful(maybe the clams?!) The portion was huge and they both finished no problem : ). The kids menu for our little ones - nothing to write home about. Just average kid food choices.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had a reservation thru open table but the management seemed surprised we were there. Told me to sit at the bat and when I asked how long-- the response was "how am I supposed to know?" We were eventually seated but deprived of the Beautiful views! Food really good though, and expensive...

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stopped here for an early dinner after biking from San Francisco to Sausalito. The restaurant is definitely very fancy inside but the staff still treated us wonderfully even though we were dressed for biking !! Both of our meals were delicious and good sizes. The price was about what I'd expect for seafood and eating on the water. About $24-30 a plate. Well worth it! Definitely check out ! We didn't have reservations when we went around 530 but when we left it seemed to be getting crowded.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Very nice restaurant, great view and food, reasonably priced. If you go, ask for Dave to be your waiter, very entertaining, you won't be sorry, because of his excellent service we went twice during our visit to Sausalito.