“Good Food, View and Service”

Scoma's Of Sausalito
Ranked #2 of 79 Restaurants in Sausalito
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Princess
Transit: Golden Gate Transit Bus 50, 20;Golden Gate Ferry, Red and White Fleet Ferry, Blue and Gold Ferry
Vicenza, Italy
“Good Food, View and Service”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Four of us went to lunch at this landmark spot snuggled on the shoreline in Sausalito. We thought we had made reservations on-line, but they were mistakenly made at the sister restaurant in San Francisco. So, we sat awhile at the pleasant bar.

We were quickly seated and ordered starters; a dozen oysters on the half shell for my husband and brother in law, and an artichoke for the ladies. Both were delicious. The brothers ordered another round of the oysters because they were the best they'd had in years. Fresh warm sour dough bread was, as expected, great, too. I had excellent shrimp tacos, while my sister in law had chowder brimming with clams, not just potatoes. My husband's Ahi Tuna was wonderful also. Unfortunately, I don't remember the fourth order, but know it was eaten quickly, as well.

I wish I could blink myself back now to again enjoy the meal and view. It was just what you'd expect, expensive, but worth it once in a while. I'd suggest reservations and make sure it's the correct Scoma's.

Visited May 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Superb food and superb location”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Set wonderfully on a small pier with incredible views of the bay, Scoma's is not a place to go every day, but rather one to savour on somewhat more special occasions (at least for a travelling tourist from South Africa like me). The town of Sausalito is a wonderful place to visit, and if you are there then Scoma's is a must.

The room is smallish so you will most likely have to wait if you haven't made a reservation; but it is more than worth it. Leaning towards the more formal side (as opposed to casual), we had a great table right in the middle so could see out of both sets of windows into the bay. That alone was worth the price of admission.

I had the calamari to start which was lightly fried but had an exquisite tomato based sauce which had a delicious amount of spice to it. For mains I had the seared Ahi Tuna and it was rather close to perfection. I cannot recommend that highly enough. My wife also raved about her seafood pasta.

In short, this place is an absolute must. Do it now!!

• Visited June 2014
Brighton
“Decent enough ”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Business dinner, mostly Europeans in our party. Food was ok, not amazing. Why is wine so expensive in CA?
Artichoke starter was tough going but calamari superb, prawns good.
Good desserts.

Perth, Australia
“Good cocktails; magnificent views”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were seated at an outside table with spectacular views.

I would rate the cocktails very highly, especially the chocolate Manhattan made with Godiva chocolate. I am also told that the Margarita was really good.

• Visited June 2014
Lytham St Annes
“Tasty lunch”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Great spot for views of the bay and tasty sea food! The tuna was the best we have had, lovely. Sausalito is a nice place to get the ferry to from SF for a mooch around and a bite to eat, great views from the ferry also.

1 Thank happyholidayer0