“Ambiance & View with Good Food”
Review of The Spinnaker

The Spinnaker
Reserve with OpenTable
The Spinnaker is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 81 Restaurants in Sausalito
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Anchor Street
Transit: Golden Gate Transit Bus: 50, 20; Golden Gate Ferry: Red & White Fleet, Blue & Gold
Description: The Spinnaker is located on the Sausalito waterfront offering panoramic views of San Francisco, Angel Island, the East Bay and Belvedere. They serve an impressive menu with fresh seafood and a fine wine selection.
Reviewed August 23, 2014

I have often wanted to dine here but never found myself in the area when I had time to do so. Went here with friends in May of 2014 and was not disappointed. It was a Saturday night and they were very busy. Luckily we had reservations and didn't have to wait long to be seated.

The view from just about any table was mesmerizing. The servers were attentive, the drinks & wine were excellent and the menu diverse. Our party had everything from salmon to steak and everything looked delicious.

All in all - a pleasant experience. Maybe my expectations were too high - I was some expecting something a bit more amazing. Still, it was a good experience and I would go back again.

Jeff S, Manager at The Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Close friends, a great view, delicious food, and an excellent glass of wine to top it off? Sounds like a great night to me! I'm thrilled to see we delivered a quality time to you and your friends -- that's what we're all about! Hope to see you in again soon to share this amazing view with us.

Jeff - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We arrived early for our reservation but had no problems being seated. The food choices were good for everyone-kids to vegetarians to carnivores. Our party started with clam chowder and calamari; both were very good. I ordered the pasta with grilled chicken, it was good but oily. I could have poured off a 1/4 cup of oil from the plate. My husband ordered the steak and lobster, the lobster was cooked perfectly but the steak was overdone. Our waiter apologized and had the meal removed from our check. Wait staff was friendly and attentive.

Looks like we were a little inconsistent on your trip down, and I hope you'll accept my apologies! We're all about providing a top notch experience on all fronts, and to see us fall short is pretty disappointing. Oily pasta and overcooked steak? That definitely doesn't sound like us. On your next trip out, I really hope you'll give us another shot to show you what we're all about -- we're better than just average!

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Dinning at Spinnaker was a real treat not only for me but for my guests from the Philippines. With a breath taking view of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge, with 'out of this world' entree's along a bottle of the best wine from Sonoma it was a memorable evening for everyone...parking was a "bonus" with valet service available.

Love seeing that we were able to show you all a great time -- especially considering your guests flew 12 hours or so to get here! Hopefully the rest of your trip with them was just as spectacular, and we look forward to inviting you back in again soon -- we'll have wine waiting for you. :)

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We took the ferry from Pier 41 Fisherman' Wharf, and it took us across to Sausalito. The Main Street was only 2 blocks from ferry and Spinnaker was a few blocks away. The restaurant sits on a pier stretching onto the water. Floor to ceiling windows offer spectacular views of the water, Golden Gate Bridge, and the entire San Francisco skyline, breathtaking after dark.
The food is excellent. The menu is diverse, but the fish is a good choice, and so very fresh. If you enjoy Ceasar Salad, they offer that freshly made table side for 2 or more guests only. Service was impeccable. It was my second visit here, that's how good it is.

Yes, yes, and yes! Love seeing reviews like this -- thank you for the kind words. I'm thrilled you enjoyed both of your visits with us so much. We're looking forward to a 3rd and 4th visit from you in the near future. :)

Reviewed August 15, 2014

On a trip to San Francisco with a European colleague, I wanted to combine good food, good wine, and a bit of sight-seeing. The ride from San Fran gave him a ride across the Golden Gate Bridge and the view from Spinnaker was incredible. Often times you forgo food quality for such a view - - but here both were great. Highly recommend.

P.S. Take the ferry back to San Fran - this was the perfect evening

Jeff S, Manager at The Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Great food and wine with an amazing view? Sounds good to us! Thanks for choosing us to grab dinner with us -- I'm thrilled we came through for you. We'll see you in again soon for some delicious sea fare on the water.