“perfect view, great bar meals, friendly service”
Review of The Spinnaker

The Spinnaker
Reserve with OpenTable
The Spinnaker is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 81 Restaurants in Sausalito
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Anchor Street
Transit: Golden Gate Transit Bus: 50, 20; Golden Gate Ferry: Red & White Fleet, Blue & Gold
Description: The Spinnaker is located on the Sausalito waterfront offering panoramic views of San Francisco, Angel Island, the East Bay and Belvedere. They serve an impressive menu with fresh seafood and a fine wine selection.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We ate at a table in the bar area, at a window overlooking the water, with San Francisco in the distance -- so the view could not be better. The bar area is not fancy, but the wait staff is friendly and menu items are delicious and a cut above regular "at the bar" meals. There are a small number of beers on tap and all are very good.

Jeff S, Manager at The Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for your kind words! It sounds as though you got one of the best seats in the house. I'm happy you enjoyed your meal just as much as the view! I hope you'll think of us again on your next trip to San Francisco!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Enjoyed our lunch at the Spinnaker. Nice upscale restaurant with carpeting, white linen table cloths and napkins. Waiters appropriately dressed. Excellent view of San Francisco. Food was moderately priced with a wide selection - of course sea food is the specialty of the house. This has been a well known local eating establishment for many years. Its location is superb - one can walk around the small town and enjoy "window shopping" or take the ferry over to San Francisco. While in the area I would highly recommend this establishment.

I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your lunch with us. It sounds as though our location (and seafood!) has won your heart over. Thank you for your continued support! Looking forward to your next meal with us.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

For me, the ambiance of a restaurant is more than half of the experience. Give me a beautiful setting and the food doesn't have to be great. However we all had a good meal at a lovely place with wall to wall, floor to ceiling windows to watch the Sausalito harbor. We went for lunch in the middle of the day, so seating was not a problem. I just got wine and a salad, so I can't judge the food that much, but the others in my group of ladies seemed to enjoy what they got.

Thank you for your wonderful review, Patty! We know that a view like ours makes your meal all the more enjoyable, but of course, we hope our food stands out on it's own as well! I'm happy to hear your group were impressed with their meals. I hope you'll think of us again the next time you're in San Francisco!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The seafood cuisine was quite good. But the views were what made this restaurant superb! . Surrounded by the setting sun, with sailboats gliding by, just feet away from the windows! A lovely setting, good service, friendly staff, and great seafood. Highly recommend it!

Jeff S, Manager at The Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review, Martin! I'm delighted to know you had such an exceptional experience with us. I hope you'll let us know if there's anything in particular we could do to completely blow you away with our seafood. Until then, we're looking forward to your next meal with us!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Kind of old school with the carts, seemed more trouble than it was worth. Who doesn't have a reservation system these days? These guys were using a book and checking people off as they arrived, which made my having to wait seem disorganized. The view was fantastic!! Can't say enough about the view. Sunset view of San Francisco, can't beat that. Service was slow, food was average.

Jeff S, Manager at The Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

We're so happy you loved the view, Jim! When you come to our restaurant, our dishes and service should measure up to the locale, and I apologize if that didn't happen when you stopped in for a meal.

As far as your comments about the organization of our restaurant, rest assured that we hear you loud and clear. We love to use some 'old-fashioned' techniques and we think it makes us stand out -- in a good way. We do utilize open Table for our on line reservations but have elected not to use it at the front desk. So, in short: thanks for telling me how it came off to you. We'll bring your thoughts to the whole team as soon as possible.

Thanks again for this feedback and we hope to see you back in eat, drink, and gaze out the window.