“AWESOME View, Good Food & Service”
Review of The Spinnaker

The Spinnaker
Reserve with OpenTable
The Spinnaker is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 79 Restaurants in Sausalito
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Anchor Street
Transit: Golden Gate Transit Bus: 50, 20; Golden Gate Ferry: Red & White Fleet, Blue & Gold
Description: The Spinnaker is located on the Sausalito waterfront offering panoramic views of San Francisco, Angel Island, the East Bay and Belvedere. They serve an impressive menu with fresh seafood and a fine wine selection.
Sacramento, California
“AWESOME View, Good Food & Service”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My first time here, but not my husbands. He really enjoyed his sea bass. I had their pan seared Mahi with pico de gallo on top. The pico de gallo could have been chopped a bit smaller. The whole cooked jalapeño in the middle of the plate was tough. Maybe chopped in with the pico de gallo would have been better. Daughter had the calamari pasta which she enjoyed, but I thought it was boring.

Good service that we do appreciate! The only thing I'd like to say to the servers... They need to remember, people stop in Sausalito after visiting other areas of the bay area. We stopped in for a late lunch after visiting the SF Zoo with my daughter. We were dressed very casual (jeans, polo & t-shirts). Had a feeling the server thought we were not posh enough to be there at times. My husband is a retired Dr. We have traveled all over the world and have eaten at 5 star restaurants! If you noticed our shirts they were from the Galapagos Islands (Oct 2012 trip). Don't forget you can NOT judge a book by it's cover! Don't talk down to people! ;)

BTW, it was my Birthday and I picked your restaurant to have lunch!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City, Missouri
“Always Great Food,Service and Spectacular View”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is my fourth time here and have never been disappointed. Very good food and service. We started with the tomato crab bisque which we enjoyed.My husband had the Sea Bass which was cooked to perfection. I had the Mixed Seafood Grill which was also very good.We shared the chocolate drizzled cream puffs with gelato for dessert.....so good. Our waiter was really great. The view of the Bay made it a very lovely dinner.The only thing that should be changed is the carpet. When you first come in it looks very dirty and gives the place a bad first impression.

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
“Great view - Crushed expectations”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The view is amazing. But don't let it fool you. Service is decent. And the clam chowder is some of the best we've ever had. So that's the good news. The rest of the food was.......mild?....bland?....dull?...overcooked?.... Hmmmm. I guess you get the idea. The recommended Sea Bass, well, don't do it!! Pasta. The chef does not know what Al Dente means. If we'd paid half as much it would have been OK, but this was our biggest disappointment of our San Fran trip.

Livermore, California
“for a romantic dinner”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Amazing location in Sausalito.The restaurant has a pectacular view of san francisco skyline. the foood it's great. i got a fresh grilled salmon with mushed potatos delicious.raccomanded for a special occasion.

• Visited February 2013
Vienna
“Outstanding location and excellent food”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We have been there at the begin of march enjoying not only the first blossoms in Sausalito,
but after sightseeing the very good place and kitchen of Spinnaker- not only seafood.
It was verx pleasant to relax here with good food and the nice view over the bay.

• Visited March 2013