“Good, good, good!”
Review of The Spinnaker

The Spinnaker
Reserve with OpenTable
The Spinnaker is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 80 Restaurants in Sausalito
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Anchor Street
Transit: Golden Gate Transit Bus: 50, 20; Golden Gate Ferry: Red & White Fleet, Blue & Gold
Description: The Spinnaker is located on the Sausalito waterfront offering panoramic views of San Francisco, Angel Island, the East Bay and Belvedere. They serve an impressive menu with fresh seafood and a fine wine selection.
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Crowded, noisy, fun. Party of four friends had late lunch on Sunday and agreed that food and service were very good. Seafood was impeccable, desserts very nice. The Dungeness crab cocktail was great; the clam chowder was yummy. Our reservation was honored right on time, our server knowledgeable and efficient. The place was packed with graduates, families with little kids, everything from casual to dressy. We loved it, we stayed nearly two hours and never felt rushed. We'd go again. Definitely a "daytime" kind of place, but then that's when we got there!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

Reviewed June 10, 2012

The View from the dinning room is nice and might be one of the best on the water views in the area but with such a steller location you only get careless prepared food. The kitchen only puts out food that will keep you alive...taste is really lacking... meaning without the view the restaurant would only last a few short weeks. It really seems like this place needs to be sold to someone that can create a restaurant that complements the view and not contrast it. I don't believe I will be back to eat again until turns this place around, just not worth it when there are so many other places in the area.

1  Thank 756Chris
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Service was a little slow but the food was good and the view was awesome. We ate around 3ish on our way back from Muir Woods. I had made reservations since there were 5 of us. It was fairly busy for that time of day. I'd recommend it!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We spent the afternoon shopping in Sausalito and upon a reccomendation stopped in. The restaurant sitting out on a pier overlooking the bay had a great view. The atmosphere was quiet even though the restaurant was more than half full. The waitress was excellent with good reccommendations. Our meals were fantastic. After a week in San Francisco eating out I can say this was the best meal my companion and I had in the bay area.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I am almost 40, dine out three/four times a week, and travel extensively throughout the world and this is the WORST restaurant I have visited in my life.
Views are great but the restaurant is dated and seems you are back in the 1950s. Furniture, dinnerware, and carpet are so old that is depressing. Service was horrible: the waiter ALWAYS addressed my husband and never looked at me--not even once and not even after I paid for our meal. The food was HORRIBLE. Fresh? Really? The salmon in my sandwich was out of a can and my husband's fish and chips were frozen. The salad was old and dead. We did not touch the food and nobody asked why. We paid, left, and had nightmares about the place that same night! The restaurant might have sentimental value for some people but let's be honest: the whole experience is hideous: inedible food, terrible service, and when you take your eyes out of the exterior views and back to the restaurant is depressing.

2  Thank TitaMerello