“Relaxed Sunday lunch”

Ranked #12 of 85 Restaurants in Sausalito
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Golden Gate and Blue and Gold Ferries both a 5 minute walk away.
Description: Poggio is a classic Italian trattoria with comfortable neighborhood charm and destination-caliber cuisine. Using the best available local ingredients including organic herbs and vegetables, the daily changing menu features soulful classics of Northern Italy, simply and earnestly prepared by hand.
Reviewed May 12, 2019

We turned up on spec, on Mother’s Day. The restaurant was busy but they found us a table outside on a lovely sunny afternoon. Our server was a wonderful friendly lady who went out of her way to be helpful. I had pasta and my husband had a pizza. We agreed I had the better dish, his pizza was a bit too chewy. The coffee ice cream I had for dessert was delicious!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 1, 2019

Taking the ferry from San Francisco we found this restaurant after disembarking. We like their selection of pizzas and the pastas were excellent, though the serving portion is really meant to be a pasta course and not a complete meal as I would have hoped. Either way, the food is absolutely delicious and the service impeccable.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

We came here for a long lunch on Sunday. The weather was lovely and sunny but a little cool. We sat outside under the heaters which was nice to still be in fresh air.

The service was great. The menu extensive, we had a pizza and pasta which we nice with some Rosa.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

We went (without having a reservation) on the very busy Easter Sunday in our bicycle gear and yet we were welcomed and served in a very friendly manner. They found us a table and we had an absolutely fantastic Easter lunch. Very good service staff!

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank Monika1of2
Reviewed April 17, 2019

Two of us had lunch there. The wooden paneling on the walls was a welcome addition. Not only did it remind me of Italy, it also softened the noise of the place, which was filled with customers. I have hearing aids and the wood panels made conversation easy for me.
The food was well-prepared and the ingredients were of good quality. I had a wood-fired fish filet that was fresh and very tasty. The service was professional and the wine list well chosen, with a good list of wines by the glass. I am sorry this eatery is not in my hometown. I would go at least once a week.

Date of visit: March 2019