“Great atmosphere. Food pretty darn good.”
Review of Poggio

Poggio
Reserve with OpenTable
Poggio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 79 Restaurants in Sausalito
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Golden Gate and Blue and Gold Ferries both a 5 minute walk away.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Loved the bar and the environment. Service was top notch. Our food was pretty good. Overall a good choice if you are stopping over in Sausalito!

There are newer reviews for Poggio

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by the concierge of the hotel I was staying in. The food was excellent! I had the duck liver mousse, squid ink seafood pasta and bittersweet chocolate cake (served with buffalo milk sorbet). Every dish was prepared with care and served nicely. The service staff were also very friendly. Sitting outside on a beautiful November day was a lovely experience. Will recommend this place for anyone visiting Sausalito!!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Exceptional service, not rushed and when asked to return in 30 minutes after the appetizers, no questions asked. Very enjoyable and reasonable for the location. Worth a trip over the Bridge from SF for some tasty dishes. Highly recommend the hallibut plate. Very fresh and well preparred. Good plating and overall presentation ( suggest a bit quicker service from the fire to the table for added benefit of a hot plate ) . No questions asked when made special order of sauted mushrooms which were not on the menu. Amazing garlic butter chanterelles. YUM. Highly recommended while in CA.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I usually trust Trip Advisor's ratings and was having trouble finding a memorable experience after three nights in Sausalito. On the third night of our stay my wife and I met a local resident who finally gave a true recommendation...Poggio. We sat at the bar as recommended and met the two most entertaining and welcoming bartenders (Carl and Tony) who served the best drinks and food of our 8 day west coast vacation. Trip Adviser rated Poggio #13 and I feel it needs to move up to top 5. The details of our meal included an excellent local chardonnay, tomatoes with balsamic and buratta, squid ink pasta with seafood, and believe it or not a meatloaf that could win a prize! Don't forget the cookies and cream gelato...

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I wanted a place where we can go after dinner and enjoy a coffee (me) and a cognac (him). Poggio was perfect! Tony at the bar is an absolute gem, so funny, friendly, and perfectly Italian! The cappacino was perfect, and Tony (at my request) brought out some biscotti for dipping.

Great conversation at the bar with the other guests, and their food looked great. Would love to go back for a full meal, but only if we can eat at the bar on the night that Tony was working :-)