“Great spot-with one misstep”
Review of The Trident

The Trident
Reserve with OpenTable
The Trident is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 84 Restaurants in Sausalito
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Trident has been in business since the 1960s. We specialize in seafood dining with a spectacular view. Call us today and make a reservation. We are also on opentable.com.
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

Loved the location, the view was awesome and the Cioppino I had was very good. The biggest disappointment for a place of this caliber was the BBQ Oysters.

I expected something similar to what I would get in New Orleans-grilled, buttery with a little spice. What came out to me was literally 1/2 dozen raw oysters with BBQ sauce straight from the bottle!!!

The oysters were good quality, but not at all what they should have been. Other than that, I would highly recommend this spot!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,066)

Reviewed November 11, 2017

We ate lunch at the Trident while visiting Sausalito. We were seated outside where we enjoyed great views of San Francisco. While the series was a bit erratic, the food was quite good. Taking a break from seafood, my wife and I enjoyed a very good hamburger.
The nice thing about The Trident was that we weren't rushed and could enjoy a leisurely lunch and take a break from a fill day of sightseeing in Sausalito.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Great views of the Bay - above average food, good service and memories of another erea - Kingston Trio and more...

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch. The food was good. Nice view from the heated patio.
Staff were very friendly and accommodating.
Will come again.

Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

I can only tell it as I see it. We had cycled from San Francisco on a hot day and this beautiful property is right on the water.

We parked our bikes with the valet ( yes they have a valet for bikes) and I enquired whether they had an outside table. They did not have an outside table immediately but did have an inside table. We were slightly clammy (forgive the pun later in this review). We gratefully accepted the inside table which had a wonderful view of the water.

Our server was extremely efficient. We ordered fairly quickly and I have to say the wine was wonderful. The steamed clams were the best I have ever tasted. They were so good that my husband who had ordered something else had to order his own helping too.

The sourdough, it goes without saying, was lovely as it generally is around this area.

If you, like us, are renting bikes in San Francisco and are cycling across the Bridge, I recommend you stop early at Trident in Saucelito, I do believe it is one of the first places you will reach on your right hand side. Stop there. Enjoy.