“Step aside S_ _ _ _ _ _cks! ”
Review of Philz Coffee

Philz Coffee
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Sausalito
Reviewed June 8, 2017 via mobile

It was my first visit to San Francisco and my cousins made sure to take me to all the must see and must eat places in and around the city. Philz Coffee is definitely one of them!!! My favorite is the Tesora (sweet & creamy). It took one cup for me to get hooked! Had to drop by to pick up some beans before heading off to the airport. A must try in the golden state!

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed March 22, 2017

Charley last year, in the middle of my Photo Arts Show, had all my work removed on the day of my Artist Reception Party without even the courtesy of a phone call. It had been up for 19 days & we had an agreement for my solo show to be on display all of September. I had sent out 400 invitations for the Artist Reception Party. My 2 Bodies of Work shown were "Beautiful Women of California" & "Dogs of Marin". I Never shoot nudity or anything even suggestive unless you consider the Dogs having no clothes on! What a shock and embarrassment to me when I had been in the night before to make sure everything was 100% and to see everyone of my 48 pieces stripped down from the walls. When I phoned Charley he said there were complaints about the women being shown. So why were all the Dogs of Marin removed, also? Oh, I got it. ...the dogs were naked! Complaints about the women being displayed? There wasn't even a kneecap or a low cut sweater shown! And yes I have Model Releases signed on all but 2 and one was the love of my life who passed away several years ago. The other was shot in a crowd of 20,000 at the Summer of Love with a 300mm super zoom lens, so who could recognize a woman from 9 years ago at this distance?
When I went back to pick up some supplies I left behind, Dear Charley called me a pervert! Wow, truly amazing. Never in my life been treated that way or had any of my art treated that way. My attorney of 25 years says just forget about it. Hundreds of people in Sausalito know your worth so don't lose any sleep about one weirdo.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank toprater
Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

We found it, but the building is empty. It looks like they are closed. Maybe they moved, but there is no sign on the door.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed September 17, 2016

Decent atmosphere, lots of locals, far better than Peet's or Starbucks. Locally owned and operated. Limited parking.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank SeekingOrganic
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

One of the best drip coffee in the San Francisco Bay Area. This location is easily missed, I think Sausalito has an ordnance on store signage. They're located in an area less visited by tourist, but well worth a visit. Look for the fire department and you can miss it.

The staff is always friendly and the coffee is always worth the time it takes to properly brew.. a must visit when in Sausalito.

Date of visit: September 2016