“Delicious!”

Cross street: Turney & Pine
Raleigh, NC
“Delicious!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Some of the best sushi we've ever had. So fresh and delicious. Great choices on the menu and everything was amazing.

London, United Kingdom
“So good”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I think I am more japanese than the japanese, I eat Japanese food every single day. An addict. This place is one of the best japanese restaurants I have ever had. Up there with Nobu but less pretentious - more casual, which is perfect for me.

Even though the sushi was great... it was the tempura the highlight. It's incredible! It's so gooooood! Wow!

Love this restaurant!

Visited October 2012
“Wow! What a shock!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hesitated to rank as Terrible, didn't want to blow my credibility. I'm not a whiner, but this was really bad. No kidding. After all the reviews and expectations, this might be one of the biggest letdowns in my personal history of sushi. Might have hit them on a bad night. Who knows? We gave it several tries too! Usually Hamachi is a great test of a sushi bar but this was really poor and gave a preview of things to come. Mushy, flavorless, and overall bottom of the barrel. Not at all fresh. Had a feeling that this was the kind of left over sushi you see at a second hand place. "And the hits just kept on coming!" We kept wondering "maybe this is the way genuine sushi is served in Japan." Finally we dropped that rationale. So, I won't go on, but after all the build up and for the steep price, this was really just very bad. We actually joked about it for a couple of days. Very few times, if ever, have I put in a Terrible rating for a restaurant, but this was well deserved. The chefs were great, the staff was professional, neat location, so this makes it even tougher to submit this review. Bottom line: sushi bad, price bad, find another place in Suasalito. Huge disappointment!

Visited January 2013
3 Thank TimChell92130
Bredon, England, United Kingdom
“One of the very best”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Went here whilst on business in San Fran. Fantastic food and service with an understated but classy interia. Pricey but definitely worth it. One of those places which could make your whole trip.

• Visited January 2013
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Top Notch Sushi”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Recommended to us by a friend and on TripAdvisor, we decided we had to try this while in Sausalito. The sushi is terrific, the atmosphere low-key but classy and the service was excellent. We wound up ordering too much food because there were so many things we wanted to try (the sashimi plate put me over the edge) but nearly everything was excellent. Expensive but worth it. Try the crunch roll - it is as good as advertised!

• Visited August 2012