“Skimpy portions exhorbitant price”
Review of Sushi Ran

Sushi Ran
Ranked #4 of 78 Restaurants in Sausalito
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Turney & Pine
Boston, MA
“Skimpy portions exhorbitant price”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Not thrilled with our experience - the food portions were SO skimpy - we left starving although we paid $22 for each lunch entree. The waiter was nice but the manager had a terrible attitude.

Not worthy of its reputation- I will not go back!

1 Thank Opinioned_traveler

Melbourne, Australia
“Run don't walk”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you're visiting San Fran, a short ferry ride to Sausalito will take you to what is apparently San Fran's best Japanese. Don't be fooled by the shop-front look - beneath this exterior is a true gem. Start your meal with a sake-tini, followed by exceptional fresh produce - the sashimi was brilliant as was a tuna type tartare dish. A good solid wine list too with a choice of Californian wines. We took the gold & blue ferry from Fisherman's Wharf which takes about an hour late afternoon, but it's only 15 minutes on the return if you get the last ferry out at 8:20pm. Ferry times vary depending on the season and whether it's a weekend.

• Visited August 2012
“Over-rated, over-priced, left hungry”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went on recommendation of trip advisor and concierge at cavallo point. First of all, we were seated at the sushi bar where the sushi chefs were somehow not busy even though the restaurant was full. Uncomfortably close, four chefs with their arms folded over their chest watching us eat and not very conversational. One even corrected me on what umebashi is.

The food was ok but the waiter never checked in on us until the meal was well over. I was still very hungry and had wanted to order additional items from the kitchen not the sushi bar (since I didn't want fish the sushi chef said not to order from him as he thought I wouldn't be happy with the vegetarian rolls he made). So I ended up going back to cavallo point Farley bar and ordering truffle fries to stave my hunger.

Overall, the superior attitude of the sushi chef and non-attentive wait staff made for a bad experience. I will not go back or recommend.

Salvador, BA
“Awesome!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was there in July. Had some sashimis (they were just great) and as I was siting in the sushi bar I saw the sushi man making a huge roll (it was about 1 meter long, but he cut it in about 5 portions). I asked him what was it and he said it was the "Crunch Roll", and that it was the most ordered roll in the house. I decided to order one. It was just SOMETHING. The next day I was there again with a friend, he ordered something different. I didn't, I ordered my Crunch Roll again.

• Visited July 2012
San Clemente, California
“Oh My God, this is where to taste great Japanese food.”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Sushi and Sashimi were exquisitely prepared and presented and our server altered all dishes to our requirements.
Where this restaurant really surprised us was when we ordered the lunch boxes - they were so good my 15 year old had to order two - just to check the first was really that good....We ordered the lunchbox with the Vietnamese shaking beef (the beef was sensational in both texture and taste) and also with the Teriaki salmon (one of the best pieces of salmon I have ever had).
Even the Jasmine tea tasted far superior to the usual offerings.
You pay for the best and this is right up there with the best in our humble opinion.

• Visited August 2012