“Tired restaurant ”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bridgeway
Transit: Bus stops are all along Bridgeway
Description: Visit the Seafood Peddler for the freshest seafood Marin has to offer. Dine indoors and enjoy the beautiful marina view or dine outside and enjoy our patio. Happy Hour Monday-Saturday 4:00pm to 7:00pm Plenty of Drink and Food Specials. Sunday Brunch 11:00am to 3:00pm. Daily specials: Monday & Tuesday $22.99 1lb Steamed Maine Lobster with Clam Chowder or Caesar Salad. Wednesday & Thursday $25.99 Surf and Turf Three Way Canadian Lobster Tail, Filet Mignon & Jumbo Stuffed Prawn. Choice or Caesar Salad or Clam Chowder. Friday, Saturday & Sunday $32.99 Full 1 1/2 lb Maine Lobster with Cole Slaw and Corn on the Cob.
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Out of 5

Atmosphere: 3
Service: 2
Food: 2
Food options: 4
Clean: 2

The small dinning area is just big enough to eat at, but we were sharing conversations with everyone else because it was very noisy. Our waiter let our drinks empty for most of our meal. When we did see him he spent the time pushing select dishes. Clams on clam chowder came from a can and lobster was over cooked. Calamari was chewy and cool. The menu had a good selection of dinning options. Table was not wiped down, floors needed to be vacuumed, and silverware re-washed.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This restaurant is well-situated on the Sausalito waterfront, with the dining area on the second floor, providing stunning views of Richardson Bay and Belvedere Island, day or night. The decor feels a bit clicheed, with the dark wood paneling and faux sailing-ship paraphernalia you might have found in your average Red Lobster 30 or 40years ago, albeit a bit classier.
The food is excellent, expertly prepared, even though the preparations might not be cutting-edge. As far as I'm concerned though, with seafood THIS fresh, the less you mess with it, the better. This is the BEST place to go for some of the freshest oysters anywhere. They serve both East coast and West coast varieties, and they are ALL super-fresh. You can get them raw on the half shell (my favorite), or baked/grilled. They also have Osters Rockefeller. You can also get fresh clams, either steamed or raw on the half-shell. We also had the crab cakes, which were excellent, full of large chunks of fresh crab with little filler, and a crispy crust with a tasty remoulade sauce.
For my entree I had the steamed lobster, which was 1 1/4 lbs, and was expertly steamed to perfection. The meat was just cooked through without getting tough, and not the slightest bit water-logged (my biggest complaint at most other seafood restaurants). The lobster is served whole and partially cracked, meaning you barely need to use the shell-cracker they provide at all. It was served with a side of perfectly-sauteed summer squash (this tired cliche of a side dish can be truly insipid in the wrong hands, but the chef here really brought out the sweetness of these seasonal vegetables). The classic cole slaw served in place of a garden salad was good, but why waste stomach space in a place like this on something that is merely good? My only minor complaint with the dish was the melted butter; the menu called it "drawn butter" (i.e. clarified butter), but it was merely melted butter, and not clarified at all.
One of my dining companions had a daily fresh fish special (they alwasy have at least two), which was whole branzino (European red snapper), which was perfectly cooked/grilled. My other dining companion had the horseradish-crusted grilled Hawai'ian swordfish. Other than lacking any discernible horseradish flavor, the fish was expertly cooked, still juicy and moist despite being perfectly cooked-through.
The dessert menu was utterly forgettable...we didn't waste any time or calories on the unimaginative and pedestrian choices.
The service was nearly flawless. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and made expert recommendations, the courses were perfectly timed, and his demeanor was very friendly without being unctuous or overbearing. Dishes and cutlery were cleared and replaced unobtrusively. The food is a bit pricey, but the quality is simply top-notch, the service is excellent, and the view is unbeatable.
Feel free to dress either up or down here...anything goes, from evening gowns to sundresses, from suits and ties to shorts, flip-flops and t-shirts.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

With their live tank and fresh fish, this restaurant serves the best seafood anywhere. They even have live lobster Mondays and Tuesdays for $22! You get lobster, salad or Schroeder, corn on the cob and cole slaw. The manager, Richard Mayfair greets you like a long lost friend and his staff is super friendly and professional. I highly recommend this restaurant ?

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We dined here on a Thursday, for an early dinner. The food was great. The waiter was attentive, but not too attentive as to bother. I had macademia encrusted sole, which was fabulous, and my boyfriend had the mixed seafood grille. My plate was $21 and his $27. The ambience is nice, maybe a little noisy due to the bar being located basically in the dining room. Happy hour is from 4 to 7 pm. Note that, to get to the bar and restaurant, there are several stairs going up. I didn't check to see if there's an elevator. Overall, a great place for some great food. I recommend it.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Our inn in Sausalito recommended the Seafood Peddler and we were impressed with our visit. The owner told us that they used to be in San Rafael, but moved to Sausalito and brought a lot of his old customers with him. The restaurant has a view of the marina and has an outdoor seating area as well. The menu features a good selection of seafood, and has a full bar. My wife ordered the petrale sole and I had the surf and turf special. Both were excellent...my only negative comment was the broccoli. Both our dishes had too much broccoli, which was overcooked and had lost it's bright green color. IMHO, this is an overused restaurant vegetable and restaurants should try something new. We will be back and hope that the Seafood Peddler will be successful. It is an easy walk from downtown Sausalito and has plenty of parking.