“Carnitas!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Penfield, New York
“Carnitas!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stopped here with our teenagers on a trip out of SF to get to Muir woods. Nice atmosphere inside and out, we were able to snag a table outside. Our waiter was very helpful, recommended that we get a few things and share tapas style. We took his advice and ordered the carnitas...absolutely delicious. Everything was good, but we still dream about the carnitas. Nice margaritas, fresh salsa with just the right amount of spice, and great handmade corn tortillas. Four dishes for four people and we felt sufficiently stuffed.

• Turkish first
Red Bluff, California
“Yum!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I had the fish tacos and my husband had the carnitas. Both were outstanding! My tacos had pumpkin seeds which added a great crunch. Copitas Margaritas were excellent too! Wasn't cold at all sitting in the patio area. They had great heaters.

Visited September 2012
“Best Margaritas!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I have been traveling for 3 weeks and these are the best Margaritas that I have in my vacations. Food taste good but the amount poor. Atmosphere Perfect its go with the city of Sausalito. Overrall is a nice restaurant to go!

San Diego, California
“Great Mexican place, give it a try!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I was on a tour to SF yesterday, and our first stop was in the enchanting Sausalito. We were given the chance to have lunch there, and the tour guide gave various options to choose from. I found Copita on my walking around, and my taste for mexican immediately came to me, as the place looked clean, nice, and quite busy for lunch time, which could mean the food is good. I was able to be sit upon arrival. Well, my hunch was right! Not only the waiter was attentive, recommending a nice margarita on the rocks to start with, but the seared California sea bass tacos were quite flavorful. Give it a try, hope you like it. I did!

Barcelona, Spain
“Not Even Mediocre”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was really looking forward to trying this restaurant. The location is fantastic, and the concept seems great fun. But it was a very disappointing experience.
The waiter recommended the chicken tacos.
My tacos came out - 3 small ones on a plate. The tomatoes on the tacos looked like they were canned - they were clearly not fresh. Not much on the taco did look fresh.
As I took my first bite water streamed out of the bottom of the taco ...And there was absolutely no flavor.
I requested some fresh salsa and it helped, but the chicken was flavorless, the tomatoes and vegetables, without taste. And the bill with a drink & tip was $22.
For that price, you expect good food...

I'm afraid it's just a tourist trap...but why can't a tourist trap make decent food?