“Black Bag Wearers Beware” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bacchus & Venus

Bacchus & Venus
A TripAdvisor Member
“Black Bag Wearers Beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2004

I had the MAJOR misfortune of stopping in at Bacchus and Venus, an art gallery/wine bar owned by Ms. Marcy Roth, on April 23. I had on my person a black handbag and a black shopping bag. All of a sudden Ms. Roth announced--for all to hear--that merchandise she had placed on a display table--disappeared. She actually accused me of stealing...get this...coasters! Being who I am, I opened my bags to show her that I had nothing that belonged to her gallery. She "thanked me" for being honest but did not apologize for alleging me to be a thief. And, when she was called the following day by the friend I was visiting, she said that "anyone carrying a big black bag is a shoplifter" and demanded to know what we thought we could get out of the incident. An apology would have sufficed. Unfortunately, none was tendered.

20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

A TripAdvisor Member
“Wine Tasting in Sausalito”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2003

If you want to taste the wonderful wines of California, try Bacchus &
Venus in Sausalito! We tried several excellent wines and they shipped a
case home to us at a very reasonable price. (Many of the wineries can't
do this, for some reason.)

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member