“Wonderful seaside lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I recently stopped in Sausalito for lunch with several girlfriends as we drove from SFO to Sonoma. A friend of a friend recommended Bar Bocce and boy, it was a great recommendation! The place doesn't look like much from the street/parking lot, in fact you really have to look for it to find it, however it is very cute both inside the restaurant and on their covered patio, which has a lot of seating, a fire-pit, and a bocce ball court, right on the beach and the water. We sat at a table outside. We were a bit chilly at first, but our table had heat lamps above it that really warmed us up. We tried the corn soup of the day as well as the kale salad and the artichoke salad. Everything was good. We also split a pitcher of their white sangria, which was really yummy. Our favorite item by far was the crab and artichoke pizza-wow! It was SO yummy with the creme freche and the meyer lemon. We also tried their "daily special" pizza and were not as impressed. The service was good and overall was a very good lunch experience.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Located well in Sausalito, easy to get to and right on the beach. The atmosphere is great, a lot of young couples, friends and families, so what can be wrong? well, it's the food.
As most of places in Sausalito, it is not cheap (~$30 per person) you do get a good value with good service and if you are lucky enough to sit outside on a sunny day- beautiful.
The taste of the food is different than your usual Italo-American restaurant, so when you order pizza or lasagna you will get something different than you normally expect. The lasagna looked more like fetuchnni rosa, the pizza was over-the-top oily, but worst was the Salmon fish which we had to return to the kitchen because it was too weird (tasted by 3 different people)
The deserts were the savior of the meal and were actually really good, unfortunately everybody who tasted the fish has an upset stomach later that day :(
So, will I ever return there? no. However I am giving this an average rating since we might have just caught the chef on a bad day. Everything else was alright.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Their bar system is horribly thought out. If the place is too crowded to get a table you can just hang out down on the sand but you must order all of you drinks and food at a bar inside. The lady working the bar while we were there was horrible at her job. She clearly was either new to or just horrible at her job because her interactions with everyone were incredibly slow and inefficient. Once I did finally get my pitcher order in, the man behind the bar who filled our pitcher did so in the dumbest way I have ever seen. He would fill up pint glasses with beer and then pour them into the pitcher. It took far too long, not to mention that they only had 1 of the 4 advertised beers on tap. We ended up ordering 2 pizzas later which were delicious, but the expeirience was not something I have any interest in repeating.

1  Thank goleary91
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We sat outside for dinner the other evening and had great fun people watching - place was packed and ultra lively. Great beer. My corn chowder was delicious and my husband loved the meatballs. We had very different pizzas, my margherita was fine, he had clam & calamari which he loved. I was most impressed by the sourdough crust...thin yet slightly chewy with good flavor.

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere to sit and have a couple of celebratory drinks having biked the bridge and this place was a cool find.

We didn't eat so we can't speak to the food but the atmosphere was cool and being able to sit on the beach was lovely!