“Fantastic atmosphere overlooking dock”
Review of Bar Bocce

Bar Bocce
Ranked #11 of 81 Restaurants in Sausalito
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Spending an afternoon in Sausalito after visiting the Muir Woods, we came across Bar Bocce, which had free parking in a small lot in front, and decided to give it a try. The atmosphere is really lovely; great views of sailboats docked in the bay, a fire pit, etc. We had pizza and garlic bread and both were good. I would definitely go here again if I happened to be in Sausalito.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

i went here late on a sunday afternoon and was very disappointed with the service and food. the pizza order was incorrect not once but twice and the waited was utterly inattentive until the end of meal and bill was due. also the unisex bathroom was smelly and messy. even my kids were surprised. totally overpriced food and slightly burnt margerita pizza with way too many mushrooms on one side the third time around. stingy caesar salad. go elsewhere if you want value and quality

1  Thank mina07
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Charming restaurant with quirky but very good food offerings. First time in my life I've had a fried kale pizza (OK so maybe I've led a small life) -- and it was very good! Everything on the menu was healthy & served well.

PROs: The setting! Indoor & outdoor seating overlooking the water; large fire pit added ambiance. The day we were there it was fairly chilly so the fire pit was a popular spot.

CONs: Only 1 restroom for all patrons & employees! People were queued up outside the door and the line snaked through the restaurant at times.

I wouldn't list this as a negative but I was disappointed in the "libation" offerings...seems this is beer & wine only. White Sangria was good however.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The setting outdoors s great. We had the Calamari appetizer (Calamari A LA Plancha) and Margarita pizza. Both were disappointing. The pizza was dry and somewhat sweet and the Calamari not what we expected. We might have picked the wrong items but I inspect the setting is better than the food.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Im sure there are many great restaurants in Sausalito, this place is so great, we never try anywhere else. Visiting from the East Coast we arrived hungry 20 minutes before lunch opening (on east cost time) and we were graciously greeted and seated before official opening.
The unique salads and pizzas are fresh, promptly served with a great mix of local wines and beer. The pizza crusts, cooked in the wood oven are perfect. The patio seating on a warm day is excellent. See you next time. Thanks Alexandra.