“Great pizza!”

Cuisines: American
Description: 625 Bridgeway Sausalito, CA 94965 (415) 332-3544
Description: 625 Bridgeway Sausalito, CA 94965 (415) 332-3544
Reviewed May 13, 2019

The place is small and not quite fancy, but the pizza is really good and the waiters are really nice and professional.

Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

Stopped in to pick up a take away sandwich during a bus tour from San Francisco. Excellent selection of bread and fillings. Lots of interesting shelves of stuff to browse while waiting. Excellent service. We ate our lunch by the waterfront. A great day.

Reviewed April 19, 2019

I live less than an hour from Sausalito and like to walk along the waterfront. Every time I go there I tell myself "I'm going to try a new place for lunch," but I usually wind up at Venice Gourmet. I'm a "sandwich for lunch" kind of guy. Many years ago I owned an Italian cafe where our real specialty was "subs." Yesterday, it was absolutely beautiful, so I ordered the Italian House Special Sandwich (I'd call it a "sub"), strolled across the street, and enjoyed my lunch sitting by the bay. Everything I have eaten there has always been fresh and tasty, and the prices, especially for Sausalito, are very reasonable. Service is always friendly. It's no wonder I always wind up eating there.

Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

We sat out front here today and shared a pizza. The pizza was hot, fresh and super tasty. The lady serving us was working really hard- but she was friendly and got everything sorted we asked for. Great for re-fuelling on the bike ride!

Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

It's actually 0 stars.. but that was not an option to choose from..

We were three girls from Germany passing by who just wanted to have a quick drink, share a pizza and enjoy the view.

We had the feeling that the waitress was not amused that we only ordered one pizza to share. (Maybe that is weird but it was not like we sat there for 3 hours).
We were there for maybe an hour (that includes waiting for our orders).

To go to the toilet we had to walk through their kitchen. Kinda unhygienic but ok..

After we finished the pizza (which was ok but nothing special) we asked for the check.

I gave her my credit card.. when she came back with the check/receipt (where you write the tip down) I saw that she took $10 more than what it said on the receipt (where everything was listed) off of my credit card. When I asked to see the receipt which she obviously didn't bring back with the credit card, she smiled at me and said that she made a mistake, walked away and came back with $10 cash...

It was no mistake! The way she smiled and she was not sorry or shocked that that "mistake" had happened..

unbelievable!

The worst part is.. I bet a lot of times it works. It had a routine to it (if you know what I mean)...

That's how they treat tourists at Venice Gourmet ("Gourmet"). Really should reconsider the name by the way...

So if you are in sausalito I don't recommend to go there.
And if for some reason you have to, than check your receipt and credit card bill!

Again UNBELIEVABLE!