“off the beaten path, but worth the journey.”
Review of Le Garage

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Marin Ship Way
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I had a wonderful steak and my wife had excellent duck. The steak tartare special was overwhelmed by the tons of additional ingredients. But otherwise, great meal.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

3 years, the time it took me to finally find a French restaurant that makes me feel at home away from home. Welcome to Le Garage, a great setting in front of the water with a menu that delivers food joy for all !

We started our diner with the crispy squash blossoms, fresh, crispy with a perfect balance between the cheese, the crispy crust all gathered together to let the squash blossoms express their delicate taste. French spirit at its finest, a simple recipe that is hard to master, definitely a must have on the menu.

Next came the mussels marinières, with a perfect blend of wine and herbs, It made me feel I was in Normandy, especially with the water in front and a glass of fine white wine. These should be served in movie theaters instead of popcorn ! The fries also need a special mention for they were crispy just the right way, and would blend just right when dipped in the mussels sauce. Always dip your fries in the mussels sauce, it is why the dish is actually called moules frites.

At this point I couldn't resist trying my wife's plate who went for the duck breast. Duck isn't very common on restaurant's menu out here, and wow is the only word that came to my mind while tasting it. Cooked to perfection with just the right vegetables to let the duck deliver its subtle taste.

A quick word on the dessert menu, I very strongly recommend the Fondant au Chocolat, a statement to desserts and an absolute bliss. The Tarte Tatin is also a good choice, caramelized, sweet the Tatin Sisters would be proud of that one.

No need to say Le Garage will definitely see us again, credit to the Chef for the attention and Love he puts in cooking, there is a lot more to say about keeping up with the tradition of French cuisine a blend of using the right ingredients, adding the creativity to combine together with respect to the products and keeping an attention to details. When all of that comes together, food becomes a bliss, and blessed is definitely how we felt after our diner.

Vive la France !

1  Thank david c
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Very cute concept down to the uniforms and Garage feel. The food is delicious, the drinks yummy and the service swift and friendly. Gorgeous area and cool ambiance. Open space inside and out

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

We did the blazing saddles bike ride from SF to Sausalito and had lunch at this cute spot. We arrived during their small menu time, between lunch and dinner. We each had a sandwich and we all thought it was delish. It came with a large fresh salad. The service was VERY casual for the cost and the bathroom is outside and around the corner (not my fave thing). The setting is darling... open to outside, looking at the marina. The food is french as is the owner. Our meal for three people with one beer and two lemonades was $80.

If you’re on bikes, don’t park at the ferry terminal if you plan to eat here. It’s almost a mile of a very uninteresting walk

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 10, 2018

We turned up without a reservation on a Monday at lunch time and it was pretty busy but still were seated immediately. If we had a larger party we probably would have had to wait. I had a grilled chicken sandwich and my husband had a burger but both were really good. Nice spot for lunch after a hot bike ride.

Date of visit: July 2018