“Felt like France.”

Cross street: Marin Ship Way
Fairview nc
“Felt like France.”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Excellent food and service. A delightful bistro. Mussels and frites and a frisee salad. Will return.

• Visited June 2013

new york, ny
“go early to avoid a wait!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We ended up checking out le garage after biking across the golden gate bridge from san francisco. We arrived a few minutes after 11:30am (opening time on Memorial Day) and were seated immediately. I made a quick trip to the bathroom and once I returned there was a long line at the door and the host was telling customers it would be an hour wait.

The majority of my group was starving after our bike ride and ordered the grass fed burger and fries (which was delicious). We all enjoyed our meals and it we were super lucky on getting a table. There were other items on the menu that sounded really good so I will have to make another trip to try other things.

• Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California
“A delicious, hidden gem, as if you were in the Cote D'azur”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

In such a fine place, I am reduced to getting their damn burger too often... but now I have branched out and explored a lot of the menu. Everything is wonderful - the steak tartare is something I get every night we eat there. That is unavoidable.

It's also amazing to walk out of one of the best restaurants in the bay area - (food, service, atmosphere, and location) - and have a check that seems like you were at any moderately priced place. What's more, it's like stepping into the Cote D'azur. We often stand up paddle board at the little beach (also the best in Marin) after brunch. It's a wonderful way to start a weekend day.

This place is divine, and easily in my top 3 or Marin. Not sure what my other's are... The Buckeye? New Morning?

This is truly one of the top places in the bay. If my opinion doesn't count, at least the Bohemian thinks it's Best Outdoor Dining in the North bay... which is saying a lot.

This is the type of concept place where an innovative and thoughtful F&B gent reinvented an area, and became a bastion of hope and help to locals with guests, hotels with recommendations, and simple, accessible, classy fair without the pretension in a groovy, fun, bistro environment. think of it as a French Sam's with food that is actually good and edible.

• Visited May 2013
New Egypt, New Jersey
“A Local Favorite”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We took the ferry from San Fran to Sausalito in search of this restaurant. It had been recommended to me on chowhound. It is a bit difficult to find, so thank goodness I got directions beforehand. It is a little over a mile from the ferry landing. If you follow the shore line and marvel at the interesting house boats on the way, it is a pleasant walk. I appreciate that it was off the beaten tourist route.
The restaurant is in a garage by the water and boat yard. When we were there, the inside was enclosed with plastic and the space was extremely noisy. Since it was nice and sunny out we asked for outside seating. Even though there were only two tables outside, the waiter was so accommodating that he brought a table and two chairs outside for us.
My husband ordered the smoked herring on ciabatta and I the salad nicoise. Both were very tasty and satisfying.
Another customer and local who often frequents this restaurant aptly said to me "this is the most popular restaurant in Sausalito, and also the noisiest".

• Visited March 2013
tiburon
“get there early”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Funky location. On a good day, the out side dining is great. Nice BIG boats in the harbor. Service is on the ball and attentive. Food comes out quick and is very tasty. I had the chicken, Wife had the crab. Both were great. They do fill up quick. better have a reservation. We had dinner, and I understand they do a bang up Brunch.

• Visited April 2013