We stayed here in 3/2013 in a contemporary king suite with view of the the Golden Gate Bridge.
We loved so much about this place:
- The views from our room was phenomenal! The room was very well-designed and space was utilized well. The double-sided fireplace was a really nice touch.
- Eucalyptus-scented amenities were so refreshing.
- Spa was nice.
Keep in mind the following:
- The property is large and there are multiple separate buildings, so you will have to valet your car (free) or self park (the lot is really far away). They drive you to your room in a golf cart after you valet. You can certainly walk, but it can be a long walk. When you check out, it's kind of a pain because you'll have to call for the golf cart ahead of time so you can get your luggage to your car. In other words, you end up relying on them for transportation even though you may not want to.
- There are also foghorns that blow every few minutes in the middle of the night. For us, this started at about 10 PM and continued until 7 AM the next morning. They do provide ear plugs, but my husband used both ear plugs AND noise reduction earphones, but could still hear it. I am a deep sleeper and was awaken several times throughout the night. Just be aware of this beforehand and understand that it is San Francisco after all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in an idyllic location on the San Francisco Bay at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, Cavallo Point offers unique historic and contemporary lodging options. Kid friendly and pet friendly, Cavallo Point offers a multitude of activities and services to choose from.The Healing Arts Center & Spa offers innovative spa treatments in a serene, tranquil setting. Filled with natural light and top-of-the line culinary equipment, the Cavallo Point Cooking School is an intimate place to taste, create and learn. Murray Circle Restaurant is one of Northern California's top culinary destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Cancelon, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Cavallo Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavallo Point Sausalito
- Cavallo Point Hotel Sausalito