“Cavallo Point - a real gem of a place”
Review of Cavallo Point

Cavallo Point
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sausalito
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Absolutely stunning place, scenery/location. A must for anyone visiting San Francisco and wants to get out of the city for a while. Just over the Golden Gate bridge - an absolute haven of peace and tranquility.

Room Tip: Contemporary rooms are modern and stylish with every comfort you need (even a real open fire in the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CavalloGM, General Manager at Cavallo Point, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Cavallo Point!

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

There are newer reviews for Cavallo Point

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Ft Baker/Cavallo Point, if you like to look @ San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, it just does not get any better than this property, so close for a very easy commute for business, but in another time warp, the property has very good to great dining, we did both room service and table service, inside as well as on the porch, all very well done, and did I mention the view. Our one bedroom suite, with a sun porch, and did I mention the view. deer on the green, ships gliding by, sail boats,
tankers, yachts, and did I mention the view, not cheap, not overdone, elegant.

Room Tip: If it is available #601

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your complimentary post.

Please do come visit us again at Cavallo Point very soon!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stunning grounds, service and view made for a WONDERFUL stay! The staff here are so polite and accommodating. We only stayed for one night, but wish it could have been longer! We stayed in the contemporary lodging and everything was top notch. The decor, the linens...everything. I don't normally stay in upscale hotels, so this place really blew my socks off! We had a breathtaking view of the bridge, I couldn't take enough pictures! It was very easy to use our $100 credit on dinner (that comes with the room). The food is fabulous! I really have absolutely no complaints of Cavallo Point! I hope to return again some day!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
CavalloGM, General Manager at Cavallo Point, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review! The staff will be very appreciative to hear of your kind compliments.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

A friend and I stayed at Cavallo Point, September 9-11. When we checked in the girl at the front desk treated us as though we were so lucky to be staying there. She never once greeted us and was just cold and rude.
We took advantage of the SPa and had ok massages, nothing great and the spa was out of lots of amenities like shower chaos, bags for your wet suit, shavers and such.
We had a drink in the bar and our server there was friendly and helpful. I ordered a martini which was the worst martini I have ever had. I even asked if there was just water in the glass? I was hoping dinner would be better. Sadly, not. Our server delivered our food to us not cooked and confused our wine order. I was very unhappy both with our service and the quality of the food.
The highlight of the stay was the breakfast the next morning. Excellent coffee and omelet. When we checked out, it was a different girl and she was so just stuck the bill in our face and was upset when we looked it over. There were a few extra charges and when we asked, she said they were for valet parking(WHICH WE NEVER USED) a $25 fee, a spa fee yet we had paid $400. to the spa for various treatments and yet they charge you a spa fee, and they charged us a shuttle fee which we never used. I refused to pay these fees since I parked my own car, had paid the spa $400 for treatments and had never used any kind of shuttle. The girl was so angry with us and told us we should have been aware of these charges. I have no problem paying for what I use but I refuse to pay for charges I didn't use and to pay a USER fee for the spa when I had just paid $400 is ridiculous. I was so upset as people had said what a great place it was, but I think they MILK you because the location is super. That is all it is, a super location. The rest is awful.

Room Tip: Our room was nice but not worth the high price tag. It was clean but could have been cleaner and roo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank elizabeth t

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very sorry to hear that the service that you had received during your stay did not meet with your expectations. We appreciate your comments and concerns and I will be certain to discuss them further with my management team to address every issue mentioned.

Please rest assured that we are committed to providing an excellent and hospitable experience for all our guests.

If you have any further questions or inquries, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at euan@cavallopoint.com.

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Great place with lovely character. Food in both restaurant and bar really good quality and well worth the price. Staff really helpful and friendly. Had room 1002, views not as great as some of the other rooms but still very nice. Would go back one day!

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

What a fantastic place! Just at the bottom of the Golden Gate Bridge and in fabulous wildlife sanctuary. I returned to my hotel room one night to be greeted by 3 deer on the doorstep! The rooms are amazing - I stayed in one of the contemporary rooms. They are further up the hill but you can ask for a lift in a golf-style cart. But it only takes about 5 mins to walk to reception downhill - back uphill is only for the fitter! Food at the restaurant was wonderful - absolutely cannot fault this hotel - would definitely return. Ideal for a get-away weekend break. Only drawback is that the room walls are a little thin - I could hear quite a lot of what my neighbours were up to...

Room Tip: Try to get a room nearer to reception if you have any difficulty with walking although the buggies w...
2  Thank short_scuba_diver

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

Please do come and visit us again at Cavallo Point very soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here one night for a wedding this past July. It was gorgeous, the rooms were great- loved the fireplace and balcony in each room, and the staff were very accommodating. Very adorable place to stay for couples, as the hotel is relatively secluded, with great views and nature walks if you are into that sort of thing. It's definitely pricey, but well worth it if you're looking for an upscale but friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind post and endorsement!

Euan Taylor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sausalito
The Lodge at Tiburon
Pacific Heights
Hotel Drisco
Hotel Drisco
#1 of 229 in San Francisco

Been to Cavallo Point? Share your experiences!