“Favorite South Bay Restaurant”
Review of The Basin

The Basin
Reserve with OpenTable
The Basin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Saratoga
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 5th Street
San Francisco, California
“Favorite South Bay Restaurant”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This neighborhood gem is always busy with locals and business people. Even on a Monday or Tuesday evening which are typically slow at other restaurants, the Basin dining room is humming. The menu features locally sourced and sustainable fare. I've dined here more times than I can count and the meals are always excellent. Portions are generous so order accordingly. The wine list leans towards California and Spanish wines. The cocktails and martinis are excellent. If you're short on time, grab a seat at the bar, order a martini from Jason, get some appetizers, and people watch. In the summer months, dine outside on the patio under the oak tree. Highly recommended!

• Visited February 2013

Saratoga, CA
“Tasty treats - lots of meats!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This lives up to all of the 4 and 5 star reviews that have been given. Especially the charm and effectiveness of Sarah who we were lucky enough to get last evening. We had the "light fare" or "tapas" equivalents. The quality is superb, however Spain still has the larger variety - but hey the price of an air ticket more than makes up for that little difference!! :-) You can get a lot of vegetarian tapas and a lot of meaty tapas. The main courses seem to represent a lot of meats prepared in common and unusual ways. We shared 6 different tapas and they were all great. The "adult" ice cream was a superb vodka infused earl grey tea flavored concoction. We plan on coming back when we have the space for a main course to see what that is all about!. For me this place beats out a lot of the "old timer" restaurants in Saratoga, which while still good aren't quite up to this one!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Mithra
Portland, Maine
“Fabulous Food and Service”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had the opportunity to spend an evening with colleagues at The Basin and the food and service were outstanding. In our party of about 20, no one was disappointed! I personally had the Organic Beet Salad and the Sea Bass. Others enjoyed the Exotic Mushroom Rigatoni and Pork Tenderloin. The servers were attentive, upbeat and professional. I will return here on my next trip to the area!

• Visited December 2012
Austin, Texas
“Mainstay”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a great little spot. Good variety of choices, great service. and great food and wine selection. Top pick for me when I stay in Saratoga

Visited November 2012
Perth, Western Australia
“Tapas and Buzz”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We arrived here without a booking, but they went out of their way to find us a table. We had a delicious selection of tapas - things that would be impossible for me to make myself. And lovely wines. And the service was extremely friendly. The buzz in the place was exciting.

Visited October 2012