“Thieves among us?”
Review of La Fondue

La Fondue
Reserve with OpenTable
La Fondue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 70 Restaurants in Saratoga
Cuisines: American, French, Swiss
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th
Transit: None
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I went there with my family. It was fairly late and we were the last seating for the night. My son had just bought a hard back cover book and was reading it while we waited for our food. He accidentally left it there. I called first thing the next morning and no one knew where the book was. Went back myself to look for the book and it was gone. I believe one of the help took it as we were one of the last to leave that night- and no, we didn't stay past closing time and spent a lot of $ there. I already didn't like this place cause I had heard the owner was not a good person. This totally confirmed what I thought of this place. I will NEVER go back there.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just not my thing....need a big group to enjoy this type of place. Food too rich and boring if you are traveling for biz and are on your own.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is not a quick restaurant. And remember that you are doing the cooking. They keep you supplied with things to dip (the important little pickles and onions). Dark and "romantic."

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I used to ADORE La Fondue. It's elegant, and really quite tasty with the fondue goodness. But the prices have gone up and up and up, and it's silly. Nice way to try some exotic cuisine though. But dessert is the key here - so delicious!!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Really loved the experience. I would have given them 5 stars but they made us wait for arnd 10min even though we had a reservation and arrived at the right time. The guy just said your table is getting ready. Minus one star for that. It looked fairly busy
even on a Wed night, which prob indicates its popular. Parking was bit tight too, luckily we found one without having to use the valet. The service was excellent. Our waitress was nice and funny too :) Coming to the food, we ordered a veggie combo which is basically a four course meal. We had Cajun cheese fondue, salad, garden veggies and "The Decadent One" for dessert. Cajun tasted really good. The waitress recommended it when we said we liked spicy food and so it is, we just loved it. Spinach sald with lemon tarragon dressing was just amazing. I even got it to go and had it for lunch the next day, bcoz the portions are so huge and the taste is just awesome. We chose the grill for the entree which was good but not exciting like the appetizer. All the veggies were really fresh though. Portabella mushrooms and baby potatoes were the best tasting ones on the grill. Really liked the butter and teriyaki sauce dippers. Next came the dessert - was amazed to see so many goodies to dip into the chocloate. Loved the cream puffs especially. Dipped into hot chocolate, it turned out hot on the outside and then when u bite, its cool cream or icecream? :). It was just a bliss. Obviously we got a refill of these even though we were almost full buy then. I liked the wafer sticks too. Would certainly go back again for the cheese fondue and the dessert. Awesome, I say. An btw, they even put a candle in the desert if you are celebrating a spl occasion. It was our anniv. So, we did get one :) Thanks La Fondue, for making it spl. Worth the splurge!