“Family Style Mexican”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 5th
Description: Casa de Cobre is Comida Mexicana at its best! The award wining team from The Basin now brings you Casa de Cobre! "The Copper House" in honor of the beautiful pueblo of Santa Clara del Cobre, in the great state of Michoacan, Mexico. Famous for its artisan copper works, kind people, and incredible food. Everything we do is made in house and to order. Our Meats are chemical and hormone free, our fresh fish is always sustainably caught, produce organic when ever possible. Our Margaritas are made to order from hand squeezed Mexican limes and agave nectar! We look forward to serving you soon!!
Olathe, Kansas
“Family Style Mexican”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was a first for me. It was fun for our group of eight. It also provided a fun way to try various things.

Visited April 2013

Fortson, GA
“Outstanding Mexican restaurant with unusual treatments of some old standards”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had dinner on a Saturday night 3/23 with my son, his wife, and two small children. We had a wonderful experience that was most surprising in the unusual treatment of some old standards. My son's family likes this place; in fact, they can walk to it from their home. Big Basin Way in Saratoga is lined with quaint shops and restaurants, so there are many choices.

The chips & salsa were OK, but nothing special. The guacamole was average. But then came the food with the pleasant surprises. I'm a big fan of cheese rellenos (large, stuffed peppers), so when my son recommended their version with special pulled pork, that's what I ordered. Outstanding! The best rellenos I've ever had anywhere over the past 40+ years, including lots of time in Mexico. The seasoning of the tender pork plus the unusual sauce on the relleno were amazing. The other food that our group had was also lavishly praised.

The "Purist" margarita was excellent, although the pitcher we ordered and our glasses had far too much ice. It helped that I had two reasonably-priced shots of Don Julio reposado tequila along with my margaritas.

If you like Mexican food, I'd highly recommend Casa de Cobre (this is the correct spelling, versus the spelling in TA)..

• Visited March 2013
Silicon Valley
“Just OK”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is our second visit to the restaurant (over the past 2 years). I really want to like this restaurant, on a positive side, the service is excellent, it's seemingly always booked (make sure you make reservations).

Unfortunately; the food was only "ok". I ordered the carnitas, with a side of rice and black beans. As others have noted, everything is ala carte here, including the rice and beans, and chips and salsa. The short version is that the food was very bland as it came from the kitchen. I was able to add the hot salsa to the carnitas that helped.

I think this is the last time we'll try the restaurant - there are several other very good restaurants in Saratoga; and for mexican; you have lots of better options elsewhere in the valley.

• Visited February 2013
San Jose, CA
“Not a great dining experience”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Service not very good, long wait, waitress seemed more interested in getting us to "upgrade" our order than making sure our order was taken in a timely manner. Long wait for our pitcher of Sangria. Then the paella came out with mussels instead of the clams as the menu indicated. And what is with the tables. Very uncomfortable to sit at. No leg room. The food was very good though.

• Visited February 2013
Norcal
“Second time's a charm... 4+”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Tried this restaurant a several weeks ago.... my food then was mostly forgettable, but we tried it again and had a much more POSITIVE result.
The chips and salsa comes with four different dipping sauces... the chips do tend to be a little oily, but they are good, fresh and hot. Unlike some restaurants, the chips and salsa are not complimentary (cost $3).... but they will refill the basket and salsa dishes if you want.
We had the Caldo de Pollo, a full bodied and rich tasting chicken soup with carrots, onions, squash, avocado & cilantro.... almost a meal in itself.
The Carnitas were very good and tasty.
I tried the marinated New York with onions and peppers, served with beans.... one of the better tasting pieces of beef that I have had recently.
Looks as though we will be returning to try more of the menu.

• Visited December 2012