“Very Good restaurant. Trip Advisor has the name spelled wrong.. it's Cobre NOT Corbe.”
Review of Casa De Cobre - CLOSED

Casa De Cobre
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 5th
Description: Casa de Cobre is Comida Mexicana at its best! The award wining team from The Basin now brings you Casa de Cobre! "The Copper House" in honor of the beautiful pueblo of Santa Clara del Cobre, in the great state of Michoacan, Mexico. Famous for its artisan copper works, kind people, and incredible food. Everything we do is made in house and to order. Our Meats are chemical and hormone free, our fresh fish is always sustainably caught, produce organic when ever possible. Our Margaritas are made to order from hand squeezed Mexican limes and agave nectar! We look forward to serving you soon!!
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My boyfriend talked me into trying this, I don't normally enjoy mexican fare, but I'm glad he talked me into it because it was terrific. We arrived early with NO reservations (apparently that's a No-No... LOL) but the hostess was very friendly and politely told us that they were booked as of 6:30pm so as long as we don't mind eating and finishing up in an hour and a half then she could seat us with no problem. We appreciated her straightforwardness and felt that was plenty of time for dinner as it was just the two of us. We were right and it worked out perfect.

The service was fantastic. I think our waitresses name was Alice II (as per the check) and she was lively, pleasant, funny and efficient.

The atmosphere was nice, we sat outside on the patio which is our preference.

We ordered the Chips and Salsa. OMG they were delicous. The chips I think were made fresh and they bring out several different types of Salsas.. none of which are hot, yet all were very flavorful. We also order the Guacamole which was delicous as well and went perfect with the chips and salsas. I got a side of the Roasted Wild Mushroom and it was just okay, not much flavor, so I probably wouldn't order that dish again. We got two entrees and shared them both. 1) Bistro de Casa Grilled Boneless Rib Eye Steak and 2) Barbacoa style Braised Lamb Shank and both were superb. The meats from both just fall right off the fork and melt in your mouth...yummy!

We will be back for sure next time we're vacationing in this area again.

1  Thank la123brat

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Food is excellent and service is good. Usually crowded for good reason. Only complaint is that the furniture is not as comfortable as it should be. Highly recommended overall.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

My friends gave me a choice of two restaurants and I opted for the Corbe. And what a great 50/50 choice. Our server Gabriel was the best :) I enjoyed fish tacos, churros with chocolate, and a few tasty Purist margaritas. Plus an array of salsas from mild to ouch hot!

If this place is crowded you might be overwhelmed by the sound. We were seated next to a large group with a few obnoxious laughers but fortunately they finished before our meal came.

1  Thank WorkTraveler27
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We had wonderful meals, good service , and the furnishings are lovely. It's much prettier inside than it looks from the outside. We will definitely eat here again.

1  Thank cefritz
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We had family visiting from out of town, and based on some very good reviews, we tried Casa de Corbe. The service was not great; we waited for everything. The food was overpriced and not very tasty. This was the first time I have ever had to pay for chips and salsa in a Mexican restaurant. While it was only $3, it set the stage. The meals were all al la carte. No beans and rice with your meal. The meat in my tacos did not taste fresh. I don't mind paying a higher price for quality food, but this was not. The margaritas were very good, however. Overall, a disappointment. Will not be back.

1  Thank mrsslk