“Very, Very Nice”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saratoga
Danville, CA
“Very, Very Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here after a concert at the Mountain Winery. Reception could not have been nicer or more accommodating. We had a suite, room 22, and it was very spacious, nicely furnished and the renovations were not skimped on. Bathroom has a jacuzzi tub, steam shower and heated toilet seat/bidet. Sub zero refrigerator and granite counter in wet bar area. Gold and chrome faucets. The DirecTV had all premium channels except Showtime. Crown moulding throughout with lighted soffits. Very comfortable bed. We will be back. Oh, and don't miss dining at Sent Sovi across the street from the Lodge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SteveDanvilleCA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Morro Bay, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

The lodge is located in town allowing a nice little walk to enjoy the village of Saratoga. It is also situated for an easy 10 minute drive to the Mountain Winery for concerts. Staff was very welcoming. Room was comfortable and amazingly quiet. The room included a Keurig Coffee Maker with K-Cups with both regular and decaf. This is our overnight spot when attending concerts.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank coquilts
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Saratoga Oaks Lodge was my other wedding hotel block and I had a great experience with them. Brenda, one of the owners, was very communicative by phone and email as I was setting everything up and very gracious..she even gave me the "senior's rate" when our room block sold out. For $123 a night, I had a spacious room to myself and a very comfortable bed. As another reviewer pointed out, it's an older lodge, but they have clearly put work into renovations.

The rooms can be a little noisy in the morning from street sounds, but that can't be helped given the location. Charming, very affordable, and homey.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nance77
Lincoln, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here very much. The lodge is older, but the rooms have been updated and have a homey, very comfortable feel. The air conditioner in the first room that they gave us was not working properly, but when we returned from our evening out they left a note on our door that they wanted to give us a suite instead. The suite was amazing--it had a living room with leather sofa and bar and shutters on the windows which looked out on our own private very large brick patio facing the garden. The bathroom had a bidet toilet, steam shower and jetted tub. The entry was very large and divided the bedroom from the living room. I could have lived here for a month and been quite comfortable. The Lodge is on the main street of Saratoga, so you can walk around town on the tree-lined, Christmas lighted street. Wonderful, up-scale restaurants. No fast food restaurants in Saratoga.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Betty R
Sorrento, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

We needed to break the drive to Hearst Castle so I booked two different stays with the Lodge. The first night we had a cottage and the second stay was a room. Both stays were wonderful. I have only ONE requirement my room has to be very clean. The Lodge was more then I could have ever expected. It felt like home with beautiful surroundings and a very comfortable bed. One other feature that I love is the full shower. My rating is a 5 star.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Connie D
Fortson, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at the Lodge on Saturday night 3/23 while visiting my son & his family.. The location was perfect: within walking distance of my son's condominium & centrally located on the densely packed Big Basin Way with 26 restaurants a stroll away (according to the receptionist). I found the hotel online; the price was attractive, & a lot less than some other nearby, newer hotels.

The receptionist was cheerful & helpful, & she upgraded my room without my requesting it. My room on the 1st floor was large, nicely furnished, with a very comfortable king-size bed & good HVAC. My only complaint was the tiny hanging closet for clothing, although that didn't matter to me for one night.

Over-all a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RalphSchmitt
Byron Bay, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have stayed here every year for the last 8 years. The rooms are always comfortable, great soft beds guaranteeing a good night sleep and friendly service. New managers in 2012 and they seem to have that same service mentality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RobertKaren
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saratoga
The Inn at Saratoga
#3 of 9 in Campbell
Los Gatos Lodge
Los Gatos Lodge
#6 of 6 in Los Gatos

Been to Saratoga Oaks Lodge? Share your experiences!