“Not the best, but OK.”

Best Western Santee Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Santee
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I have stayed here several times for the convenience to relatives. About average for a Best Western. Fairly clean and in decent shape. No doubt where the springs are in the beds, but still can get fair nights sleep. Refer and micro-wave are nice.
Clock didnt work and shower/tub drain plugged.
Would come again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RichardRedlands_CA

Reviewed July 30, 2011

If I could give it a 0, I would. Because of Comic-Con and our softball tournament, hotel rooms were at a premium. We were gouged for $109/nite before tax for what wasn't worth even half of it. Motel 6 is much nicer. The beds and pillows were horrific, we had back pain throughout the stay. Bath towels were stingy, we got them late in the day as if there weren't enough to go around. The property was under maintenance/repair with painting and room repair going on throughout our stay. You could not get anyone to answer the phone in the lobby. They claimed they were open 24 hours, but it was not possible to leave a message for a room by calling the front desk. I finally gave up on the wakeup call and tried to set the alarm clock which did not go off. The light sensors in the rooms went off and on intermittently so we had musical lights. For $109/night I expected a hell of a lot more and was sorely disappointed. Will not return, will not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank travelballerz
Reviewed July 18, 2011

So helpful and lovely clean rooms. Real value for money

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This little motel is not as bad as the reviews claim. My husband and I had to spend time unexpectedly in Santee due to a family emergency. We didn't have time to research lodging and chose this motel due to it's close proximity to the hospital. I am picky about the cleanliness of hotels, so I asked to see one of the rooms in advance to make sure they were clean. They had no problem showing me, and the room looked fine. We booked the room at a good weekday internet rate and were told the rate would go up over the weekend due to weekend rates and the fact that it was the weekend of Comic Con. We explained that our trip was unexpected due to a family emergency and the cost of the trip was a hardship. The hotel manager agreed to extend the internet rate to us through the weekend due to our unfortunate circumstances. He didn't have to do that and we were very grateful that he did. The motel itself was not dirty as many other reviewers have claimed. Our room was very clean. No stains, smells, etc. It's not the Hyatt, but for a Best Western it was well-maintained and clean. All staff we encountered were very courteous. The pool area was clean and the motel was in a good location close to everything we needed.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms face the pool, but no one used it, so no noise. Ask for a room away from the pool...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TeriHarness
Reviewed February 17, 2011

An unscrupulous employee of this motel stole my confidential data from motel records and used it for disgusting purposes. It was easy enough to change my credit card number but somewhat less convenient to change my telephone number, email address, and home address.

I complained to Best Western International about this incident and about their lack of regard for my privacy and safety. Their response: "We apologize for the issues you are having with the staff at the BEST WESTERN Santee Lodge." Not a word about the theft of my confidential information. Not a word about the harassment of guests by employees. Not a word about steps I should take to protect myself from further consequences of the theft.

I wonder whether what happened to me is simply business as usual at Best Western. If so, they should advertise. The public ought to know.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank anonymous33056
Reviewed January 30, 2011

We reserved 2 ajoining rooms 2 months before our stay..... but when we checked in they were separated and one of them was just gross with a red stain on the floor by the bed... stinkerooo too... either blood or red wine barf but lots of it...
So i had to sleep in the same room with my 79 year old and very demanding mother... what a fun vacation that made....
everybody was nice after that and out "good room was kept clean.... I think they were embarrassed.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2010

After reading these reviews, I probably would not have stayed here so I'm glad I forgot to look it up! We had two rooms for our family, one smoking and one non, and they were both clean and acceptable. The STAFF is what made this place special for us. We arrived in the morning after a four hour drive with a two year old, and hoped we could get into just ONE room, to get ready for birthday party we were attending. We were graciously offered BOTH rooms early! Not only that, but each staff person that we saw or passed on the grounds were very friendly, always asking if we needed anything and happy to help us out with little things. I will stay there again, no problem!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Thank just...d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Carlton Oaks
Best Western Continental Inn
Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Mission Valley Stadium
Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa
Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU

Been to Best Western Santee Lodge? Share your experiences!