“Nice place but less than we expected”
Review of Janet's Cafe

Janet's Cafe
Ranked #5 of 110 Restaurants in Santee
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Janet's is a nice place and worth going to if you are in the area but not worth a special trip. Two negatives for me were the home fries which were made from grated potatoes and were tasteless and the biscuit. It was ok but nothing like a warm butter southern biscuit. (Made wish that Cracker Barrel Restaurants were operating in California.) On the plus side my pancakes, eggs and bacon and my wife's eggs were very good.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I go to Janet's about once a week, generally for breakfast. We always share a meal because the portions are so generous. There is never a problem with substitutions or asking for an extra plate. The prices are about the same as most places in town but the food tastes better and looks fresher--especially their fruit bowls. The staff are very friendly and service has always been good. I really like their outside eating area, even though it is just tables on the sidewalk. It is a very family friendly establishment. Some customers even bring their dogs with them when they dine outside. I really like the small town feel of Janet's which made me hesitate in writing a review. I don't want it to lose that charm but others should know just what a jewel this place is. Oh, and you should check out the whiteboard (inside and out) each day for their specials.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Have been here for breakfast twice during my stay in the area and both times was a good experience. The service was efficient and pleasant, the environment clean and cosy, and the food tasted freshly cooked with very large portions. As far as price, judge for yourself ..my husband had sausage & eggs with hash browns and toast, I had bacon & eggs with hash browns and biscuit..we both had coffee and the bill, including tip, was about $30.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

The wonderful restaurant is hidden in a strip mall in Santee. Near the library. But once you find it and exprience the food and service, you'll never forget where to find it. My favorite breakfast is biscuits and gravy. I scoffed at the idea of the half order, but laughed when I saw the mountain of food comprising a full order. On the 2nd visit I cut back to the half order and still found finishing to be a challenge. But, of course, I lived up to the challenge. The gravy is awesome, although a little more sausage would be great, but the buttermilk biscuit foundation can't be beat. My wife had one of the omelletes. It, too, was a hearty size, made with fresh ingredients, with a fresh muffin on the side. Lunches were also being served as we enjoyed breakfast. Everything look delicious, fresh, and substantial. We've now eaten there twice and both times enjoyed attentive service with a smile.

1  Thank bigbadbuyer
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Service was minimal and the prices were pretty high.

1  Thank Borgs5053

Been to Janet's Cafe? Share your experiences!