“A GREAT PLACE TO STOP FOR YOU ROAD FOODIES!”

The Apple Country Restaurant
Cuisines: American
La Jolla, California
“A GREAT PLACE TO STOP FOR YOU ROAD FOODIES!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Hungry, hot and tired after a morning of hiking in Borrego and not seeing anything very appealing in Julian we ended up at THE APPLE COUNTRY RESTAURANT in Santa Ysabel CA 92070. Just next to branch of Julian pie shop.....serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was perfect for lunch with many choices from a very nice pulled pork sandwich to excellent Mexican choices and finishing with a slice of that great natural Julian apple pie. One piece shared for the three of us. Plus fresh apple cider ... the best! Lots of other nice specials on the menu where one can eat in a large and friendly environment filled with "apples everywhere". Super nice service and great value. You will not be disappointed with the new management and kitchen in the classic American road café.

• Visited February 2014

Buena Park, California
“Country atmosphere”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Good food, good service, comfortable atmosphere. Friendly, hospitable staff. Good value and not too far from downtown Julian.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Dovegirl03
“Don't waste your time or money”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Food was not good and there was a hair on my French fry. However, the pies at the place across the parking lot (Julian Pie Co.) are fantastic!

Central Oregon, Oregon
“I won't be back ever!”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I went to the beautiful town of Julian to have Sunday brunch with a group of friends a few weeks ago. We were going to have an omelette, as part of the brunch. Well lo and behold, the man preparing the omelette was dripping wet (perspiring) and it was dripping into all the ingredients. He would also take the rag and wipe off his face continuously and then pick up the grated cheese etc. With his bare hands. I was sick to my stomach and didn't eat anything. I have NEVER had this happen to me before. When I told the management, they didn't do a thing about this. I will never eat here again.

Temecula, CA
“The worst experience!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I hate to be a negative Nancy but this experience here is unbelievable!! We went with a large group of people last Sunday for their Brunch. The restaurant was really hot and clearly they didn't seem like they wanted to turn the air on.......finally, after saying things to the employees several times, they turned on their ceiling fans. So we all proceeded to go thru the brunch line, when several of us noticed that the guy making the omelettes was sweating profusely, dripping down everywhere!!! He then grabbed this white towel, wiped of his sweat and used the same hand, without a glove to grab the cheese to put into the omelettes!! That whole thing upset my stomach for the rest of the day!!! It will take me years to eat another omelette again!! A friend of mine told one of the waitresses and she just shrugged her off. Skip this place....trust me!!! Also, they served their coffee in paper cups......nothing like drinking coffee.... like you are camping! Our service was ok, but not the food.

• Visited August 2011