“Great Food”

Jeremy's On The Hill
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Imperial, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

The service was excellent and the food was great. Probably the most romantic place in Julian. The prices were not bad, considering it was a fancy eatery.

Visited August 2013

Loma Linda, California
“A Very Pleasant Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Based on reviews from TripAdvisor we decided to give Jeremy's a try. We were not disappointed. We went there for dinner on a weekday. When we arrived at 6 we were the only party in the restaurant (although another couple of parties arrived later). Our waitress, Hannah, was very helpful in a number of ways. First, she was quite helpful with my wife's dietary concerns about gluten-free options. She went back to confirm that the sauces and the sides that came with the "Fresh Market Fish of the Day" (salmon) were gluten-free. In fact, the restaurant made a couple of small changes to the meal to accommodate her. In addition, Hannah was very helpful in guiding me through a selection of local wines, letting me sample a couple (a Cabernet Franc and a Cabernet Sauvignon). As I mentioned above, my wife had the salmon. The fish was excellent and the vegetables that came with it were fresh and not overcooked. I had the Grilled Pork Loin with Green Onion Sausage. The meats were cooked perfectly, and the sides (fresh vegetables and a white bean cassoulet) were nice complements. The restaurant interior is nicely arranged. There is a very nice selection of local wines. All in all, we very much enjoyed ourselves.

• Visited August 2013
Dana Point, California, United States
“Sunday showers & lunch at Jeremy's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

16 of us on a motorcycle ride just rode in from Mt Laguna in the pouring rain, fog, and lightning -- drenched to the bone and were pleasantly surprised by a great lunch at Jeremy's.

First let's talk about the facility --- not your everyday "roadhouse" or casual restaurant.... yet a small, "semi-formal" bistro, well decorated and presented both inside and outside under the covered patio dining area ---- located between Julian and Santa Ysabel. First impressions were of an East Coast restaurant vs standard CA and well decorated with padded chairs, formal table linens, curtains, and appropriate artwork. Had we not been tired, wet, and hungry --- would have felt a little under-dressed for Jeremy's; however, this is CA and anything goes. LOL

We previously called for reservations --- arrived 20 minutes late --- and our table was still being held for us. Customer service personnel were professional, friendly, and very attentive.

Now the food --- WOW --- diverse menu from burgers / sandwiches to flat iron steak and chicken cordon blue, very well presented, garnished, cooked as requested, and served with style --- to include plate presentation from the correct side, ketchup in dish --- do you get the point yet?

As a once a week hamburger aficionado on these Sunday rides --- this has to be one of the best fresh ground burgers .... if not the best! Other entrees looked equally appealing with positive comments from all. Did I mention the Chambord Creme Brulee......exquisite!

In summary, this "out of the way restaurant" is worth going "out of the way", and given the quality of the lunch menu --- I would like to try the evening menu. Having lived in Europe for many years and sampled enumerable bistro's, [defined as "modest" in contrast to a formal restaurant (at least in Parisian terms)], I would highly recommend Jeremy's on the Hill!

• Visited July 2013
California
“Tasteless burgers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I came here for lunch during the week. Well, I really wanted to like this cozy little place but it did not live up to the Yelp reviews. Service was great but food was not. Lobster Bisque, red african tea and local wine choices are good. Ca Sunshine burger was pretty tasteless and the garlic herb fries had a nice seasoning to them but they were not freshly made.

• Visited July 2013
Cerritos
“So happy for the experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We spent our last evening in the Julian area having dinner at Jeremy's. It was not very busy as it was not the weekend or a holiday but the staff was very attentive. Great suggestions about the wine. My wife and I shared the entree - salmon - and it was prepared just right. Folk singer in the corner added to the ambiance. We do not live nearby but will always remember our meal there.

• Visited June 2013