“Quite possibly my favorite winery for Santa Ynez so far”
Review of Zaca Mesa Winery

Zaca Mesa Winery
Ranked #5 of 27 things to do in Santa Ynez
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stopped in and the grounds were very nice. The staff was busy but the Welsh woman who helped us was friendly and took good care of us. The wines were good, glasses were nice enough to purchase (although one broke as I cleaned it and my child broke the other). They had a musician and stated they have live music frequently. The Syrah and Rousanne were my favorite wines. Not too many Rousannes (or California Syrahs) around, which was nice that they had. The wine, to your taste or not, is a good quality wine and this is a good example of wine and a wine tasting room. I'd love to come back someday (and other than Zaca Mesa, try other wineries instead, lol).

1  Thank ShannonLewis
There are newer reviews for Zaca Mesa Winery

Reviewed September 15, 2013

As others have pointed out, ZM is not close to much (except nature). Maybe that is why Miles and Jack never made it up this far! They have a pleasant tasting room, lovely, shady outdoor picnic area, and, on this weekend, two-for-one tasting! I learned how to correctly pronounce Vee-O-Nay here.

2  Thank Kalamariverrat
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This winery and tasting room nestled back amongst oak trees along Foxen Canyon makes fantastic 90-point syrahs. I also recommend their roussanne, and was pleasantly surprised by their chardonnay. Because this winery is a little more off the beaten path, they're not quite as busy or filled with such a young clientele as wineries in the near Los Olivos area or the tasting rooms in Solvang. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. My family is in their wine club, and we never find a reason to complain about our shipments.
Fun things about the property:
Nature trail along the oaks on the hill of the property.
Large sized chess board and picnic tables in the courtyard outside the tasting room.

Go visit!

1  Thank Margaret L
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Zaca Mesa makes good wines and we tasted several fantastic Syrahs, a very good Voignier, and a tasty Rousanne. The staff was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the wines. This winery is a little more off the beaten path, but well worth the scenic drive. They have lots of shade, picnic tables, bbq's and even a trail you can take a walk/hike on. Bring your own picnic lunch or you can order food there. Of all the wineries, this is one of our favorites.

1  Thank Mandrell5
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was my third time visiting Zaca Mesa in several years. Each time was enjoyable. The surroundings are an interesting blend of authentic-looking ranch motifs with designer touches inside.

What stood out most this trip was that we arrived sort of on the late side, but the bartender happily waited on us and did not rush us.

If you like Syrah and Rhone style wines, this is the place to stop.