“Anniversary dinner”
Review of The Vineyard House

The Vineyard House
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Santa Ynez
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set in the heart of Santa Ynez, CA in a charming Victorian house built in 1907, with two beautiful indoor dining areas and two outside decks. The property is surround by large pepper trees that are over 100 years old and frames the stunning view of the surrounding mountains. Voted consistently "Best Outdoor Dining." Lunch is served daily from 11:30 until 3:00 with a wonderful variety of fresh salads, sandwiches, burgers, pizzas and pasta selections. The afternoon APPs menu is from 3:00 until 5:00 featuring appetizers, pizzas or salads. Dinner is served nightly Wednesday (closed Tuesday) through Sunday, from 5:00-9:00 and highlights fresh seafood, steak, pork, chicken and pasta selections that can be paired with a wonderful selection of local wines. Sunday Brunch: The Vineyard House is open at 10:00-3:00 for the best brunch in the Santa Ynez, CA.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had a nice dinner for the two of us. Both of the dinners were Ok but not the outstanding food we have had in the past. Seemed like the portions were smaller but the price was not lower. Will probably try again on our next visit but hopefull it was just an off night for the staff.

There are newer reviews for The Vineyard House

Reviewed March 15, 2013

It is clear the owners have considered their market....and offer well-selected food, wonderfully priced and presented. Portions are perfect, salads exquisite, and the wine list balanced well for quality and price, We had the special black peppercorn steak, buttermilk chicken....and a delicious dessert. As it was a birthday dinner, the owner surprised us with his playing Happy Birthday on the piano.....exceeding our expectations...rare in this day and age. What a rare find! There seems to be a many regulars....a good sign! Dinner with wi e for 2......$100

Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you want to have a calm and tasty food experience, this is it. An old Victorian home that accommodates a truly great chef and staff who make you feel as if you are their only customer that day! We love Vineyard House. My favorite experience (we have many) was when we went on a rain January day for my husband's birthday. We weren't charged a corking fee for a great wine, so we decided to share some with the chef/owner. That was an experience in itself!!! They understand that the small details make a huge impact. This is truly one of our favorite restaurants.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Good food, reasonable prices, and good views of the Santa Ynez Valley.
Indoor and outdoor seating is available.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

After reading reviews of this place I chose to take my wife for dinner on Feb 13. Reservations were at 6:30. Driving into the parking space (door windows still closed) we had a faint smell of sewage coming through. It was dark and I thought the smell was the trash dumpster. We walked in the front door where greeted nicely by I believe the owner Jim, who sat us immediately and went over the specials of the night. Waitress came by asked what we liked to drink. Moving forward after we placed appetizer order and meal order of crab cakes, spring rolls, chicken marsala for me (I get this dish quite often) chicken breast stuffed with crab and shrimp for her, I finally had to ask for bread that should have been brought right away. Crab cakes were not bad, spring rolls were tasty but placed on the dish greasy from being fried. Now when we get the meal the chicken marsala as bland and watery, no thickness in the sauce and tasty rice. The stuffing in the chicken breast tasted as though it was used in seafood salad accompanied with mashed potatoes. Ordered special desert of the night, mint, peanut butter, rocky road pie with Oreo crust. The crust was so hard even the knife that was given to us to help break it down took away the appreciation to enjoy the desert (I don't like working for my food). Although I saw the prices of the items it was not worth it (soup or salad should have been included in price. Our meal was over $100. I payed bill and we left about 1 hour later. Going back outside to our car we walked by a creek of sewage that had flowed from the rear of the parking lot. I just about threw up. I went back inside to advise the owner but he said plumber would be out tomorrow. Over all the place is $$$ for what you get then with sewage problem the customers like myself should have been compensated for the stench and should been able to enter the restaurant from another door of the restaurant. I hope to here back from the owner.

1  Thank SSW004