“Quite Good”

Trattoria Grappolo
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Santa Ynez
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Meadowale
Transit: Santa Ynez valley shuttle stops in front of the restaurant.
Description: Authentic Italian food, wood fired pizzas, pasta, salad, steaks, seafood, extensive wine list.
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Good food, generally responsive service, outside is best place to sit if you want to talk. It gets quite noisy & can be crowded inside. I live nearby and like lunch best because of the quieter ambiance.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Grappolo

Reviewed July 6, 2009

The pastas were all overcooked and the sauces bland. The crab cakes were charred on the outside. The waitress seemed annoyed when we told her the food did not taste good. Clearly overcrowded because of the busy weekend, but I can say without a doubt, my worst dining experience ever.

2  Thank SoloRide
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Buellton, California
Reviewed June 29, 2009

After many years, I finally went to Grappolo. Incredibly great meal - I can't wait to go again! I had the spinach and riccota ravioli, and wow, was it rich and delicious!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 10, 2009

We found this restuarant by asking the locals at the wineries 'what their favorarite restaurant was.' When this particular restaurant came up a few times - we knew we had to go!!

It is three brothers from Italy - how perfect! The restaurant is small and quaint... it is a location you would not expect... but in the heart of the central coast wine region of Santa Ynez (you remember the movie Sideways!!). We love to sit at the bar and watch the chefs in action.

The first visit was a total surprise - a shock to the system. I thought I was back in Europe with the simple use of ingredients yet maximum flavor. They are masters... we have been back!

I highly recommend... and we will be back for more. Each visit is an adventure!

2  Thank Greenluxe
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Diamond Bar, California
Reviewed January 6, 2009

Everything is amazing here, from the calamari as appetizer, it's very different than other restaurants, from the pork chop and home made ravioli, the tiramisu dessert also very light and yummy. They have a good selection of wine.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook