“Hidden Gem in the Wine Country!!”
Review of Trattoria Grappolo

Trattoria Grappolo
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Santa Ynez
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Meadowale
Transit: Santa Ynez valley shuttle stops in front of the restaurant.
Description: Authentic Italian food, wood fired pizzas, pasta, salad, steaks, seafood, extensive wine list.
Reviewed April 10, 2009

We found this restuarant by asking the locals at the wineries 'what their favorarite restaurant was.' When this particular restaurant came up a few times - we knew we had to go!!

It is three brothers from Italy - how perfect! The restaurant is small and quaint... it is a location you would not expect... but in the heart of the central coast wine region of Santa Ynez (you remember the movie Sideways!!). We love to sit at the bar and watch the chefs in action.

The first visit was a total surprise - a shock to the system. I thought I was back in Europe with the simple use of ingredients yet maximum flavor. They are masters... we have been back!

I highly recommend... and we will be back for more. Each visit is an adventure!

2  Thank Greenluxe
There are newer reviews for Trattoria Grappolo

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Diamond Bar, California
Reviewed January 6, 2009

Everything is amazing here, from the calamari as appetizer, it's very different than other restaurants, from the pork chop and home made ravioli, the tiramisu dessert also very light and yummy. They have a good selection of wine.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 21, 2008

When we went to Los Olivos area and downtown Grand Ave for wine tasting and heard some people recommend Trattoria Grappolo restaurant (including the B&B owner we were stayed) so we decided to give it a try. Its located at an Old Town Plaza that makes you wonder what kind of restaurant this would be in this kind of place as we drove up.

I am glad we didn’t let the first impression stopping us! The menu is simple, the price is reasonable, the service is good, and the food is wonderful. What more can you ask for? If you want a simple lunch between your wine tastings, this is the place. I just realized after I came home that my favorite Chef, Giada, had mentioned this place in her show.

Reviewed October 25, 2008

This is the best restaurant I have ever been to in California. You get a great meal & great service for very reasonable prices. We tried a few other recommended restaurants & Trattorio Grappolo blows the competition away! You would definitely be missing out if you came to Santa Ynez Valley or Santa Barbara and didn't go here.

1  Thank guavabean
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Grappolo is deliberately and consistently customer unfriendly. To me, it appears that it's their way of making the statement: "We're so good, we can get away with treating you poorly." To me, it doesn't work; I just don't like to be abused; I'm funny that way. :)

Last night, when I ordered my beer , the guy handed me a bottle and glass that was RIGHT out of the dryer; it almost burned my hand. I would ask, was that just an oversight? He didn't notice that glass was hot? He thought customers like tepid beer? No, it was a direct, overt slap in my face--a statement: Here, have some warm beer, pal. I don't like you, and we don't need you.

The food's actually pretty good. But on balance, I say this in return: I don't like you, and I don't need you.

1  Thank Horse03

Been to Trattoria Grappolo? Share your experiences!