“The best of Italian cuisine outside of Italy”
Review of Trattoria Grappolo

Trattoria Grappolo
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Santa Ynez
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Meadowale
Transit: Santa Ynez valley shuttle stops in front of the restaurant.
Description: Authentic Italian food, wood fired pizzas, pasta, salad, steaks, seafood, extensive wine list.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have had the pleasure of sampling some fine cuisine in many restaurants around the world,
this trattoria ranks among the best we have eaten at.
The food is consistently high quality and with a lovely atmosphere to enjoy it at.
We found this little gem with some friends,
we will be making regular visits when we are in the area
Grazie Danieli & Leonardo

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We've dined at Grappolo whenever we're in the area for at least 10 years, now. Most of the time, it's been for Sunday brunch, but when we are actually staying overnight in the environs of Santa Ynez, we show up here for dinner. It has, without exception, been a fun and tasty experience. The staff is over the top and the food is always excellent, featuring specials that change daily. While we say that this is a "very good neighborhood restaurant," we need to point out that it's much, much better than the fare you are normally served at a local eatery. It's just not in the ranks of Del Posto. You'll enjoy your meal at Grappolo and, when you visit, try the Calamari Alla Positano--calamari stuffed with smoked mozzarella and prosciutto

Reviewed February 6, 2014

On occasion my husband and I will go up to Lompoc when he needs to visit Vandenberg AFB for work. We found this restaurant a few years ago and have dinner there whenever we are in Lompoc or driving through from Central California to our home in Southern California.

We were in Lompoc this week for three nights and ate two of our three dinners here. Both were outstanding. The first night I had the cioppino. This is some of the best cioppino I've ever had! I usually will order cioppino when I go to good seafood restaurants. This is the second time I've had their cioppino and both times were excellent. It's not on their regular menu so when I see they have it, I order it!

My husband likes pizza so we've had their pizza a few times. It is always delicious. Thin crispy crust! We both love the pizza.

The second night we shared the caprese salad. My husband loves to order this salad. Last night they had burrata cheese with another salad but our waitress offered to have the caprese made with the burrata, so we ordered it that way. Yum! Be sure to get the balsamic to go on the salad!

We then shared the fettuccine with bolognese sauce. It was a wonderful pasta dish! We would love to learn to make a bolognese sauce like that!

We were so pleased with everything we had at both dinners that we don't know which of the two meals we enjoyed more!

We highly recommend you stop and enjoy a meal here. It can be a little tricky to find but so worth it. We are lucky that we can stop here at least a few times a year since we go up for business and we also love driving the coast of California and we can stop again while we're on the road for pleasure.

Almost forgot, the bread is fantastic but we always ask for the balsamic to add to the oil they serve with the bread. For dessert, the sorbetto al limone is so delicious and refreshing (lemon is my favorite) and the spumoni ice cream is good too. I think we had a chocolate dessert once but I don't really remember (my husband is the chocolate fan). We are usually too full from dinner to order dessert!

All in all, you won't be disappointed. We have really enjoyed our meals here and look forward to another visit!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was here for lunch with a small group and I think everyone had something different and loved it. I had an off menu item that they made which was simple and delicious. The decor was different and unique inside ... In a good way. The service was perfect, never waiting for anything like details of more bread or water. If you are in this area I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Went there for lunch by recommendation of our tour guide from Captain Jacks wine tours. The tour was great and her suggestion was faultless.. A truly great Italian restaurant with portions to share. I had the angel hair spaghetti and I am drooling just thinking about it as I write this. It was sooo, sooo,good. My wife had the pumpkin filled ravioli that she loved as well. We have a condo in the Italian North End of Boston, and this meal was as good as in any of the famous restaurants we eat at in Boston. "Real" Italian entries on the menu. Easily as good as Alfredos in Rome! I only regret that we live so far away. And. oh Yea! The wine tour was equally good!

Been to Trattoria Grappolo? Share your experiences!