“Cucina Italiana piacevola”

Trattoria Grappolo
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Santa Ynez
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Meadowale
Transit: Santa Ynez valley shuttle stops in front of the restaurant.
Description: Authentic Italian food, wood fired pizzas, pasta, salad, steaks, seafood, extensive wine list.
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Pleasant and authentic ambience, delicious, well prepared pasta; charmig host, reasonable wine list (try the "house" label sangiovese cab - a steal for 30 bucks. And the pasta is to die for.An altogether delightful evening.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a charming property. We ate dinner on the porch and had a nice gentle breeze on a warm evening. With an extensive wine list and an outstanding menu, we had no trouble finding a perfect meal. The cioppino and fettuccine bolognese were superb. Salads are large and full of interesting ingredients. Bread served at the table is crusty and perfect for dipping. Service is wonderful.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great food tho we had difficulty understanding the specials. Not sure if it was servers accent or boisterous restaurant. Beet salad was amazing and stuffed calamari was great as we're our fish and pasta dishes. Disappointed with burnt creme as it was runny and less custard. Overall, great value for our $$. Most Entrees in the $20 range. I'd go again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a wonderful meal here-we could tell it was a local favorite as it was packed when we arrived. The food was outstanding, and the busboys are anything but! They were so pleasant, at-the-ready for anything my husband and I needed. They were wonderful. I have to say that our particular waiter was not friendly, and seemed annoyed and ornery. I would still re-visit this place to give it another shot because despite the waiter's attitude, we had a great meal.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Despite having a reservation, our table wasn't ready. There was no where to sit and have a drink so we had to go to the deserted bar next door. Service was friendly but the food was pretty dire. My salad starter was ok but the chicken gnocci was not. The meat smelled as it was off and the gnocci looked as if it was out of a packet. My husband left his dessert which is really unusual, as he said it was sickly sweet.

Wouldn't go back. I strongly recommend that you go to SY kitchen instead.

Been to Trattoria Grappolo? Share your experiences!