“Strangely OK”

Trattoria Grappolo
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Santa Ynez
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Meadowale
Transit: Santa Ynez valley shuttle stops in front of the restaurant.
Description: Authentic Italian food, wood fired pizzas, pasta, salad, steaks, seafood, extensive wine list.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at the Trattoria Grappolo. The place is fairly down to earth and the service whilst perfectly ok is kind of interesting ... But the food is great and it's really not very expensive. Could be a good place to take a family.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Grappolo

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We started with grilled vegetables that were perfectly cooked then moved on to The best Carbonara I have ever had. Not a fan of Carbonara but this was amazing. I am also a meat ball snob and generally find it hard to find a perfect ball. These were not perfect but they were very very good and moist. I asked for a side of arugula just to break up the rich flavor of the carbonara and the comb I made of carbonara, meatballs (red and white sauce is just so good) with arugula on top!...........That's what I can't stop thinking about. see photos below.
This little town is so charming and old western looking, it could be a movie set.
I highly recommend this place!!!!!!!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The food tastes like it is prepared fresh, from local produce. The wait staff wsa so helpful with food and wine selections. The olive oil for dipping the bread was out of this world! I spent the rest of my trip to Santa Ynez trying to track it down - without success. Spumoni for desert made a perfect meal. I would drive from LA to Santa Ynez, just to go to this place again.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

What better to go with wine than great food? This place just rocks. We ordered all vegetarian (only realizing it later) and had a flavorful meal that stood up to a bottle of local red. You must try the spinach tortelloni. I want it again! This place was so good we came back a second night instead of trying something else--and there are some other great places within a few miles.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Everything on the menu is well prepared. You must make a reservation and service can be slow but the food is always very good. The Involtini di Melanzane is very memorable as well as the Bruschetta on pizza bread.