“Terrible customer service”

Roblar Winery & Vineyards
Ranked #4 of 27 things to do in Santa Ynez
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled in an oak tree-studded 40-acre vineyard located in the heart of Santa Barbara County, Roblar Winery & Vineyards reflects the spirit of Santa Ynez Valley- rustic, authentic, and bold. Our philosophy is to foster a unique visitor experience of bringing together great wine, great food, and great friends. We encourage guests to explore the estate—from our stunning 5,000 sq. ft. tasting room complete with an indoor-outdoor stone fireplace, to the trellis-covered patio, looking out over our expansive gardens.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Beautiful grounds, terrible customer service. When my husband and I walked in, we were not greeted by a single employee. Once we reached the counter, a gentleman with stud earrings greeted us and showed us the tasting menu. He was very nice and gave us a little information about our options. A blonde young lady (I believe she was being trained) did not say a word to us as she poured our wine for each tasting. I would have liked to learn a little bit about the wine and grounds. She walked away and came back to pour the next wine. Lacked customer service skills.She was very disappointing. Also, the gentleman with the beard did not give us any insight even though he was done helping another couple. The next winery my husband and I went to was Bridlewood Estate Winery. Bridlewood was a breath of fresh air. We learned so much and were treated so well there. We will definitely not go back to Roblar Winery.

There are newer reviews for Roblar Winery & Vineyards

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The grounds and tasting room are very beautiful, mission style done right. The wines are a bit expensive and the food they provide is no exception. That being said, the staff is friendly, the wines are good (too pricey for me to buy a bottle however) and I'm glad we stopped by.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We picked this winery for a mid-day stop because their website advertised a paired wine and food tasting the month of September. Despite the negative reviews on TripAdvisor, we still had a pleasant time. The wines were average, but the paired hors d'oevres were tasty. Service was slow, even though they were not crowded, but the venue was pleasant.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was a member of Roblar until they closed the members lounge. To me that is disrespecting our membership. That why we are members of wineries is to be able to taste and drink in a quiet place and not have to fight the public. So they want you to be a member but you get nothing for it. I called the membership person and told him that we would like to stop being a member because they are disrespecting our membership and without any hesitation he said OK. He didn’t even try to stop us from quitting I have other friend that call and quite he had no problem with them to.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We have been members of ROBLAR for several years. We have seen a serious decline in customer service over the past few months. Most recently, our friends had booked a two day event at ROBLAR in February for their wedding in two weeks from now. last Saturday they received an email from ROBLAR telling them that they cancelled their event. The email ended with "Cheers". I am appalled at the unprofessional manner in the way they handled our friends wedding plans. They were devastated and after months of planning, were going to have all their plans ruined. Folks from all over the country and outside of the country have made arrangements to fly in for the wedding.