“A Shining Beacon of Light and Fantasticness”

Carr Winery - The Santa Ynez Warehouse
Ranked #13 of 27 things to do in Santa Ynez
Reviewed June 20, 2014

After a less than stellar experience at a vineyard not too far away (see my reviews), we wanted to "ghostbust" the memory and Carr was the chosen destination. Driving up we weren't sure what to expect-it's not at the actual vineyard, so will it be nice?
Oh, it was perfect. A giant warehouse space, nice and cool (temperature-wise) and expertly lit, at first we weren't sure if it was what we were looking for, but Nicole behind the bar made us feel welcome immediately.
There were a few other tastings going on, but the environment was relaxed and friendly. I attribute it to Nicole. She was friendly and attentive. Extremely knowledgeable about the area and the Carr wines. PLUS!!! Every single wine was fantastic. Every single one.

The walls were adorned with amazing photos and art (local, I am sure), and the entire place had a welcoming vibe, but also felt somewhat exclusive and hip. In a good way.

We loved it so much in fact, we planned to go to the winery in Santa Barbara the next day, but they had a private party. weeeeep!

I have already made a list of all the wines I intend to buy in my next case. Cannot wait!

There are newer reviews for Carr Winery - The Santa Ynez Warehouse