“Relaxing Bed and Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Santa Ynez Inn

Santa Ynez Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Santa Ynez
simi valley
“Relaxing Bed and Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

If you are looking for a bed and breakfast where you need to relax and unwind this is the place to check out. Although it is pricey is definitely a place to splurge every once and awhile. What I like about it is in a quiet town. There isn't much going on except tasting rooms and a few restaurants. I enjoyed coming here with my husband. It has a relaxing vibe. You check in. They offer you water. Ask them for free wine tasting vouchers. I really enjoyed the tasting room of Carr. Their wines were very good. The rooms are large and very clean. They pipe in classical music. You can turn it up or off with a knob that is on the wall. After our free wine tasting that we did in town walking distance. We headed to their free wine hour they have in the main dining room of the hotel. They also have great snacks to munch on. Later we found a small italian restaurant walking distance from the hotel. The next morning they offer a free hot breakfast in the main dining room. The only bummer is they just have a few two top tables to eat privately. If those are taken you have to eat with the other guest in a large dining table. If you are super social in the morning then, its not a big deal. All in all I don't think you would be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peaches321

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The Santa Ynez Inn was awesome for our recent trip. We were all celebrating entering a new decade this summer and we had a wonderful time. Our room was beautiful, spacious and comfortable enough for four. The staff was so friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the delicious breakfasts each morning and the appetizers and wine each afternoon. Besides enjoying the local shops, restaurants and wine tasting rooms in Santa Ynez, we also spent time in Solvang and hired a car to drive us to some beautiful wineries in the region. The Santa Ynez Inn was a good base for all of these activities. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: We were glad to have a ground floor room with a semi-private patio and garden.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Surgie
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

For nearly $400 a night, I expected more.
Pros:
-Very good happy hour wine and food
-Very good breakfast
-Clean
-Location is good for wine tasting

Cons:
-My party had reserved 4 rooms. Every single reservation was messed up. The staff blamed it on a software upgrade. Even if you have to manually recheck every reservation, you don't make mistakes like this at these prices.
-We had been in our room for 30 seconds and the doorknob on the bathroom door fell off in our hands (it was promptly fixed.)
-Two of us in the room but only one washcloth. We talked to the staff and they said they did not have any more. If they needed to do a load of laundry, then they should have. LOL none of our 4 rooms had enough washcloths. I got more the next day by swiping them off a housekeeper's cart. One in our party had 3 people in their room, and they never had more than one washcloth. Our second day, we only had one hand towel.
-We had light bulbs out around the mirror in our wet bar and around the mirror in our bathroom. We repeatedly reminded the staff of this. They were not replaced during our stay which meant that we had two mirrors but not one with adequate light.
-The iron in my room malfunctioned as I tried to press some items which made the chore difficult. It was promptly replaced later in the same day that I mentioned it, but by that time my ironing need was over.
-Coffee provided for the in-room coffee pots is the worst ever. Needs to be upgraded. All in my party agreed with this.
-The room had adequate down pillows. They were comfortable to sleep on, but you could not use them to lean against to prop yourself up in bed to read. A couple of firmer pillows need to be provided.
-This was an expensive facility to build, yet the bathrooms do not have exhaust fans.

One person in our party had recently stayed which is why we chose this inn. She said that she did not recognize any of the staff which suggests a mass exodus or firing.

I would not stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank L_in_Indy
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to go to Los Olivos for a quick trip with our 6 month old baby. I heard that a lot of B&B's aren't kid friendly so I had to call just to be sure. The staff at Santa Ynez Inn was very accommodating, warm and friendly. They provided us a crib - free of charge and we had a beautiful, spacious room with marble bathroom and jacuzzi tub. This place is just beautiful. The grounds are kept well. We had a mini picnic and it was just beautiful! The king bed was comfortable and pillows are luxurious. I slept really well. My husband, baby and I will definitely be back! I highly recommend this place!

Stayed July 2014
Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

What an amazing hidden gem in a beautiful small-town setting! This place is top-notch- so clean and beautifully appointed Victorian charm in wine-country! The rooms are spacious and elegantly furnished- no detail has been forgotten. Local wines and hors d'ouvers served in the evening. Fantastic breakfast on-site! Short 10 minute ride to Los Olivos and Solvang. Will definitely return and make this beautiful property our homebase for more local exploration!

Room Tip: Corner fireplace room had a HUGE bathroom!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Very charming. Enjoyed the wine country and relaxing atmosphere. Friendly staff and well-organized. I had a great time during this three day side-vacation on a business trip to LA. Next time, I will bring the whole family!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We were introduced to the Santa Ynez Inn by friends who had stayed there and enjoyed it. We were impressed from the moment we turned into the driveway. The inn and the property were charming. The staff was friendly, helpful, and welcoming. We stayed in Room 202 and it was beautiful. The room was spacious and airy. The bathroom was marble with a walk-in steam shower and a separate jacuzzi tub. The breakfast was outstanding, as was the daily wine tasting and nightly dessert. The staff recommended wineries to visit and made a reservation for us to go to a private vineyard. Staying here was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
#3 of 10 in Solvang
4.5 of 5 stars 828 reviews
Santa Ynez Valley Marriott
Quality Inn Santa Ynez Valley

Been to Santa Ynez Inn? Share your experiences!