Santa Ynez Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Chumash Casino Resort Hotel(Santa Ynez)(Great Value!)
$165
The Landsby(Solvang)(Great Value!)
$195
$182
Travelocity
Wine Valley Inn & Cottages(Solvang)(Great Value!)
$114
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Hamlet Inn(Solvang)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswine countrysteam showerwine tastingdessert hourgourmet breakfastlos olivoslocal wineriesbed and breakfastheated floorsbeautiful roomtrattoria grappolospa tubdeluxe roomeach eveningrooms are largethe general managerthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Celebrating my sister's 40th birthday with my mom, sister, and I we booked a room with 2Q beds. The room was tastefully decorated and comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary wine tasting every evening (different wines to taste each night), the complimentary desserts each evening, and the complimentary breakfast each morning.

The staff went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. They made great recommendations for restaurants and attractions as well as printed directions!

There was bottled water and diet coke in our mini-fridge as well as extra bottled water at the front desk (complimentary). They also have an agreement with some local wineries where we simply showed our room key and had complimentary wine tastings at those wineries (saves $10-$15 per person).

We would definitely return! It was quiet, peaceful, and totally relaxing!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We booked this stay months ago and had to change several times but the staff was always helpful and easy to deal with. Our stay was above expectations. The room was large and well equipped. Everything was provided at not extra cost and was clean, stylish and great to stay in.

The complimentary breakfast was excellent. With only two choices we thought we might have a problem but both days we had no problem at all and they made substitutions easily.

The wine tasting and deserts at night were very nice. I highly recommend this for couples!

Room Tip: I think the top floor was better due to noise and privacy. Elevator for easy access.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I rarely give 5 stars, but will go out on a limb and do so for the Santa Ynez Inn.

My wife and I chose the Santa Ynez Inn for our 1-year anniversary vacation, and we so impressed when we saw our room (202), that we immediately changed our plans and extended our stay. When I first found the SYI (via an old Travel & Leisure) article, http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/15-quick-summer-getaways/2, I was a bit leary of the Victorian decor. However, once we stepped inside, we found everything to be tastefully done and not over the top. We stayed 3 nights, during the end of February, so the Inn, and area in general, was fairly empty (a good thing in my opinion), We had the basic room, which was more spacious than some apartments (e.g. NYC). And the amenities: jacuzzi tub, steam sauna, and fireplace. And this place doesn't nickel-and-dime you like many of the bigger chains: free wi-fi, complimentary bottled water; a nice breakfast with two made-to-order options and a continental buffet; a regular wine and hors d'oeuvres hour from 5-6pm; and a dessert hour from 8-9pm. Staff was super friendly. Oh, and if you are a cyclist, they also have bike storage available. Inn is walkable to several restaurants. There is also an outdoor jacuzzi, but we didn't try it. One minor downside: even though there are dual-pane windows, you can still hear the windmill when it rotates from shifting wind direction (can't hear the blades turning). Kind of sounded like a faint rooster call or rusty gate swinging. Our room was on the corner, facing the parking lot and street.

1  Thank oskibear95
Reviewed February 20, 2014

All I can say is Wow! This place is amazing down to every detail. A bottle of wine was waiting for us in our room along with robes and slippers. There was ice in the ice bucket and soda in the refrigerator. The piped-in music in the room was a touch I have never seen in a hotel. It certainly added to the ambiance. The bathroom was huge. There was a shower for two as well as a jacuzzi tub. Even the glassware used wasn't just your standard hotel tumbler. The fireplace was great as well as the comfort of the bed. All the food and drinks included in the restaurant, as well as the free tastings at wineries really make this place a great deal. I told the wonderful front desk lady I had only one complaint to which she gasped because she said they never have complaints. I told her that after all the wonderful food and wine I jokingly told her they needed to get rid of the scales in the bathrooms. Lol. We will definitely be coming back.

1  Thank manymiles2go
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We upgraded to the deluxe room with a patio and fireplace. It was worth the extra money. Our room was elegant and spacious as was the bathroom. 5-6pm was happy hour...we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the wines plus the appetizers were excellent. No need to go out to dinner. At 8pm deserts were available plus coffee...excellent. For breakfast we had Eggs Benedict...not one, but two...plenty of food plus muffins, juice, coffee, etc. All of this was included in the price of the room. The Santa Ynez Inn is a bit pricey but everyone should experience it at least once in their life. Also, if you are up to it, the staff will give you coupons for numerous complimentary wine tastings around the valley.

Room Tip: I doubt if there is a bad room.