“Gorgeous place to have a picnic”

Bridlewood Estate Winery
Ranked #3 of 29 things to do in Santa Ynez
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I loved and bought their shiraz before traveling to Santa Ynez so I was thrilled to be able to visit their beautiful winery. It was Spanish colonial and well manicured and the tasting room felt upscale. The tasting was wonderful. The best part was wandering the grounds. Bring a picnic, such a beautiful place to sit and enjoy for awhile.

All reviews
"purchase"
in 10 reviews
"ship"

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was our first stop on a day of wine tasting, and I was very pleased with the choice. Even though the winery was already pretty crowded at 10:30am on a Saturday, I felt the guy who took care of us really took the time to explain all the wines we would be tasting. He even gave us a great tip for lunch.

I thought most of the wines were quite tasty as well, and not super expensive if you wanted to take a bottle home. And at $12 for 6-7 tastings, I thought it was a good deal as well. The property is also very picturesque.

I would definitely recommend Bridlewood for its excellent customer service, beautiful setting, and great wines!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I read about this winery and was anxious to visit. It truly was a beautiful spot. We picked up lunch at a local market and enjoyed a picnic on patio with views of the vineyards. The weekend we went was one of the hottest, but fortunately there was a nice breeze blowing through where we sat. The only negative thing I have to say about this particular vineyard, was that it lacked the personal feel that the smaller vineyards gave. It was crowded and getting our tastings was like going to a bar and waiting to get served from a bartender. With that said, I realize it's a larger vineyard and we went on a weekend, so all in all it was still a nice visit. We really liked the Reserve Pinot Noir and walking around the beautiful grounds.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Enjoyed our tasting and took a horse carriage tour through this former horse farm. Our "driver" was so knowledgeable about all things wine, she answered many questions and share her knowledge of wine grape growing in the region and specifically at this winery. It was $10 a pop, but it was a highlight.