“Wine tour made safe,easy and better thanks to Chris”

Wine Tasting DD Wine Tour Driver
Ranked #3 of 6 Tours in Santa Ynez
More attraction details
Owner description: We drive your car and keep you safe while you visit the wineries in Santa Barbara County. Because of our knowledge of the area, we can get you from place to place the most efficient way possible. With a Wine Tasting DD you are on your own schedule and we can help you plan a route or make suggestions if needed.
RICHMOND VA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wine tour made safe,easy and better thanks to Chris”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Chris drove my husband and me to numerous wineries during our stay in Santa Ynez. He met us at our hotel at the exact promised time and drove us for 6 hours before taking us back to our hotel. It was a perfect arrangement. Before we went touring, Chris helped me figure out our plan for the day. There were 2 wineries we really wanted to visit but we did not have a plan for lunch or an idea of other places that would be good to visit. Chris filled in our plans perfectly. It is such a luxury to know that you can enjoy the wine tasting experience without having the concern of driving yourself. We would not have had such a great experience without Chris.

Visited November 2013

Lompoc, California
“This is THE way to wine taste!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Chris drove myself and two friends for my birthday to several wineries, in my own truck! Chris was great, he was a part of the conversation, was totally funny, but not overwhelming and left us to the tasting while he read a book outside. What a great service, I work in the industry so I still see him and the other lady (Holly?) a fair bit-- I always recommend it!

Visited July 2013
San Francisco, California
“Fun, Relaxing, Effective, Affordable”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I used Wine Tasting DD on Saturday, September 28, 2013. A high school buddy and I met up in Santa Maria to go wine tasting for a couple days. We had done this a few times in Sonoma many years ago when the tastings were free and we were young. The plan was to drive ourselves the first day and be responsible about our alcohol intake, and the second day have a driver so we could bust loose a little bit during the day and at dinner without worries.

Chris picked us up around 10:00 AM at the Santa Maria Inn and returned us around 9:00 PM. Long day for him. Great day for us. Here are some of the highlights:

- Offered the choice between driving us in a Camry and a Porche Panamerica, Chris chose the Porche without hesitation. In very short order he seemed completely comfortable with the car, even with the distracting requests to change the music on the stereo along the way. The driving was completely without incident or concern throughout the day.

- We had a list of wineries down Foxen Canyon Road we were interested in, but we knew it was too long. Each time we needed to choose between wineries, Chris was able to advise us based on plenty of experiences with customers in the past. I always felt like he was telling us straight, not trying to steer us to any particular winery, just wanting us to get the best experience. And his suggestions always turned out well.

- Chris was very personable, but never inserted himself into the experience. If we struck up a conversation with him, he was very pleasant and open. If we were talking between ourselves, he hung back and didn't intrude. If he needed to ask a question or make a suggestion, he did so politely and directly. Essentially, he was professional in every way.

- This is way more affordable than hiring a limo, which made it easy to decide to make it a long day that stretched through dinner. Which meant we could eat anywhere we wanted (Los Olivos Cafe), have wine with dinner, and not worry about it.

Bottom line: I expect we'll be using this service again in the future. Looking forward to the wine pick-up parties in spring.

Visited September 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Effective service”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We used Chris's service to do some wine tasting. He was very responsive to my email questions and right on time for pick up. He's not much of a tour guide but he drives you where you want to go and is very nice and patient. We are definitely going to contact him next time we need a DD for wine tasting in the area! $30/hour. Pretty good deal in my opinion!

Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“First Rate Service!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Why spend hundreds of dollars having a tour company rush you from winery-to-winery on a predetermined schedule... when you can have a professional driver take you to the wineries you want to go and on your timetable!?!? Eric, our driver, took us on magical trip through the wine country. He was so knowledgable about the area and the wines. Plus, his passion for the wine industry was just contagious! More importantly, we had a disabled person amongst our group and Eric was so patient and helpful getting the wheelchair in-and-out of the car at each stop. After our amazing experience with Eric last weekend, I will never take a tour company again!

Visited May 2013