“Excellent Mexican cuisine, good service, nice ambiance”
Review of Dos Carlitos

Dos Carlitos
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Santa Ynez
Cuisines: South American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great lunch here. Excellent entrees, great service, and nice ambiance surrounded us. Highly recommend this restaurant. Will return during a future visit to the area.

1  Thank Michael D
There are newer reviews for Dos Carlitos

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The bar area is pretty small, so you have to get there early. Free apps with your drink, and they are very tasty. The house margarita was great. Loved the black bean and corn salsa!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I recently had dinner at Dos Carlito's in Santa Ynez. This was the third time we had been to the restaurant. We arrived half an hour earlier than our reservations so we decided to wait at the bar to have drinks. They served blended margaritas in a glass with a straw and salt on the rim. This seemed an odd way to enjoy a salt rimmed drink. On to salsa, it was watery tomato sauce. Not like the past two times we were there. They did have a delicious corn and black bean salsa. It was delicious. I ordered a chicken tostada that was awful. The chicken was not shredded but sliced into long strips of over cooked meat. It was the worst tostado I have ever eaten. My husband ordered a chili rellano and he said it wasn't cooked enough and the cheese wasn't even melted. Needless to say we will not be going back. This visit will be the last visit because our experiences have just gotten worse every time we have gone. I feel you need to give a place at least three tries to be fair.

2  Thank Pam T
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Halibut Ceveche is to die for! Service can be slow but the food and drinks are amazing! The patio is very inviting and very quaint. Their selections were extensive. Make reservations or be prepared to wait.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

It was hard to get a seat but worth waiting for their great happy hour. My husband and I came here with my nephew and his fiance and we stayed for a couple of hours enjoying the food and cocktails. The service was great too!