WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Dos Carlitos

Dos Carlitos
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Santa Ynez
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish, South American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Ynez, California
“I'm back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

this place has become a tradition when I'm staying down the street at the SY Inn. Good food, great drinks and its easy walking distance. Even walking back after dark I feel safe in this little town.

Ventura, California
“Yummy Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner at this restaurant recently. The patio is a delightful place to sit on a warm evening, and the food was yummy. Service was great, too. This was kind of a "sleeper" for us--hadn't thought of trying it until we read the reviews, and we were happy we did.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Outstanding Ceviche”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Mathew our host was outstanding. Offered excellent recommendations on both food and drinks. Fresh halibut ceviche was great (could have used some jalipeno and cilantro by my standards but no complaints) Nice chunks of fish with tomatoes and avocado. The big closer was the tequila recommendation....one of the best I've had.
Downside....extremely noisy inside. Owners should hang some things from the high ceiling to break up the echos from the vaulted ceiling. Ask for terrace seating.

• Visited September 2013
Santa Ynez, California
“Great Chips and Salsa!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Dos Carlitos is a welcome addition to the Santa Ynez Valley. I have eaten there a few times before I decided to write a review. There are a few menu items that I have not cared for but also a few that are sublime. The chicken quesadilla which is technically an appetizer is more than enough for a substantial meal and is delicious. The same can be said for the the chicken taquitos, I seem to prefer the appetizer options as my meal than any of the main dishes I have ordered. The chips are fresh and the black bean corn salsa is a perfect start. It is a great place to just hang out on the patio and enjoy a margarita and some good food.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Connroe, TX
“TexMex”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Maybe we caught them on a bad night, because we had read good reviews. The service was spotty, the beer selection was sub-par, and the food was typical Tex Mex.

Visited August 2013

Been to Dos Carlitos? Share your experiences!